COCA – COLA CRAZY CALLS & AIRTIME COMPETITION RULES
1. This Promotional Competition is organised by Coca-Cola South Africa, a division of Coca-Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca-Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason, which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
4. The promotional competition commences on 1 February 2013 and ends on 30 April 2013 both days inclusive.
5. There is a total of R680 000 (six hundred and eighty thousand rand) in cash available to be won. Participants stand a chance of winning R1000 (one thousand rand) for themselves and R1000 (one thousand rand) for a friend of their choice (the “Cash Prize(s)”).
6. In addition, participants stand a chance of winning R10 (ten rand) airtime per participant per entry across all networks (the “Airtime Prize(s)”), from a total pool of R41 847 350 (forty one million eight hundred and forty seven thousand three hundred and fifty rand) subject to the conditions below.
6.1. Participants who have pre-paid contracts will be able to load the “Airtime Prize(s)” onto their phones.
6.2. Participants who have monthly contracts cannot redeem the “Airtime Prize(s)” but are able to transfer the “Airtime Prize(s)”to another number in the same cellular network.
7. To stand a chance of winning one of the Cash Prizes or Airtime Prizes (“The Prizes”), participants must:
7.1. Purchase 1,25L returnable glass bottle or 1,5L refundable REFPET bottle of any participating Coca-Cola, Fanta, Stoney, or Sprite with a yellow cap (“Participating Products”) from any participating outlet;
7.2. look under the yellow cap liner for their 13 digit unique code (the “Code”);
7.3. dial *120*2653*Code# at a cost of 20c / 20 seconds;
7.4. Follow the text prompt and
A) Confirm that they qualify to enter the competition
B) Choose their favourite radio station from the list provided
8. Participants will be selected by a random draw and automatically notified via USSD if their Code entitles them to an Airtime Prize. A voucher will subsequently be sent to the cellphone number used to enter the Code to enable the participant to redeem the Airtime Prize provided that they are pre-paid customers. Participants that are on contract may transfer their Airtime Prize to another number on the same cellular network. Due to the random nature of the prize distribution and potential winners not claiming their prizes, it is possible that not all Airtime Prizes will be awarded or claimed.
9. Airtime Prizes are not redeemable for cash and must be redeemed by no later than 14 May 2013, failing which, the participant will have rejected the Airtime Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
10. All participants who send their Code as specified in Rule 7 and 8 above (whether they have won the Airtime Prize or not) are eligible for the entire promotional competition period for random selection to receive a Coca-Cola Crazy Call from a DJ live on the radio station that they have selected, where such participants stand a chance to win the Cash Prize.
11. Cash Prize winners are only eligible to win the Cash Prize once over the promotional competition period.
12. All potential participants will be contacted telephonically beforehand and must be available to participate in the radio show’s call on the date provided, as well as meet a few verification questions prior to being offered the opportunity to be called on the live show.
13. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and another participant will be contacted under the same terms and conditions.
14. If the radio station DJ is unable to contact the participant on the date and time of the agreed call, they will automatically forfeit their Cash Prize.
15. All verified winners will receive their Cash Prizes via direct payment into a bank account in their name within 3 (three) months of the winning date. Any winners who do not have an existing bank account in their own name will be given reasonable time to open an account with a bank of their choice. The Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by a winner associated with redeeming their Cash Prize nor will the Promoter pay any Cash Prize to a bank account that is not in the name of the winner.
16. Participants may enter the promotional competition multiple times over the promotional period provided they enter a new and unique Code each time and subject to the following conditions:
16.1. Entry is limited to a maximum of 2 (two) times per day per cellphone number and a maximum of 175 (one hundred and seventy five) times per cellphone number for the entire promotional competition period subject to the conditions in 11.
16.2. all entries from Disqualified Participants’ cellphone numbers will be rejected;
16.3. no computer based entries will be accepted;
16.4. any cellphone number that enters an incorrect Code five (5) times in succession will be locked out of the promotional competition for the entire period of the competition; and
16.5. locked participants have an opportunity to call the Exactmobile Call Centre - 011 691 8548 (opening hours: 7am-9pm weekdays and 8am-5pm on weekends & public holidays) should there be a valid reason for entering an incorrect Code five(5) times in succession.
17. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
18. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, it’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca-Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
19. The Promoter will require the Cash Prize winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification as well as supply a copy of their ID within 1 (one) month of being confirmed a winner to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may require the winners and/or their partners be identified, photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The winners and/or their partners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Promotional Competition.
21. All participants shall be given an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out for future promotional material from the Promoter. Opting-in is not a requisite to participate in the promotional competition.
22. All queries relating to this competition can be directed to Coca-Cola Customer Care Line 0860 112 2526 (Opening hours: 8am-5.30pm weekdays only).
23. A copy of the competition rules are available on 083 913 2653 at no cost to the participant and can be downloaded in a printable format from www.coke.co.za.