I recently got a message from Coca‑Cola saying I had won a lot of money. Is this a scam?
Yes. We’re aware there are hoax emails and text messages in circulation that claim – quite falsely – to belong to a Coca‑Cola promotion. They’re scams designed to extract financial information from you. So please ignore them.
Signs of a hoax Coca‑Cola email
• looks official and appears to come from a financial institution
• contains a claim number and may even include a false cheque that appears to be from Coca‑Cola
• has spelling and grammar errors
• uses improper company trademarks
• is sent from a free, non-corporate email account
• asks for personal information and promises a quick financial gain.
Please be vigilant and, if you have any concerns, get in touch