Sprite Heat Happens Activations 2023 - Terms and Conditions
Sprite Heat Happens Activations are exciting activations that enable consumers to experience the refreshing chill of Sprite. Through them, Coca‑Cola is able to engage consumers through a digital experiential platform via WhatsApp where we can communicate directly with our consumers. The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the “Sprite Heat Happens Digital Experience (the Digital Experience), and Sprite Heat Happens Activations (the Activations)” (“altogether the Experience") and by participating in the same you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted the same.
1. This Experience is organised by Coca‑Cola Central East and West Africa and its partners i.e., Coca‑Cola Beverages Kenya Limited, Coastal Bottlers LTD, WPP Scangroup Limited, Wowzi Technologies LTD, MediaCompete East Africa Limited and VPAS Agency Limited (altogether the “Organiser”).
2. The Experience is open to residents and citizens of Kenya of the age of 13 (thirteen) years or older, except any minor who is unaccompanied by a guardian, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Organiser, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organiser and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisors, dealers, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies.
3. By participating in the Experience, all participants and the winners agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as interpreted by the Organiser, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Organiser reserves the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these terms and conditions, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Experience, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Organiser reasonably deems necessary.
4. The Experience is only valid within Kenya.
5. The Experience commences on 20 September 2023 and ends at 23h59 (East African Time) on 31 December 2023 (“Experience Period”).
Sprite Heat Happens Activations
6. Heat Happens, Stay Cool. Sprite Heat Happens Activations are designed for you to tap into the refreshing chill of our beloved brand Sprite®, particularly in moments of heat – whether physical or emotional! Our exciting Activations will be live in specific locations that can be identified by Sprite® branding and our signature ‘Heat-o-meter’. To participate in the Activations, participants need to do the following:
a. At the activation, sign up and consent to take part in the Activation.
b. Participate in the ‘Heat-o-meter’ exercise, which will be explained to you in detail by the brand ambassadors present during the Activation.
c. By participating, participants may take part in random exercises and gain other exciting rewards such as cool Sprite merchandise!
d. Sprite® merchandise s also up for grabs through our online Sprite® brand influencers, so stay tuned to all our Sprite® social media platforms!
Sprite Digital Experience.
7. The Sprite® Digital Experience is a digital experiential activity that invites consumers to enjoy the coolness of our beloved brand Sprite®! To participate in the Digital Experience, participants need to do the following:
a. Purchase any 280ml PET, 350ml PET, 500ml PET, 1.25L PET or 2L PET of Sprite or Sprite Zero Sugar.
b. Scan the QR Code on the label.
c. Participants will be re-directed to a WhatsApp bot and prompted to chat and register with the Sprite Heat Happens Activations platform.
d. You will be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, age, mobile telephone number and (collectively, "Personal Data"), which allows us to provide the Experience to you.
e. By registering to the platform, participants may from time to time also gain other exciting rewards such as Sprite merchandise or mobile data, which will be rewarded on a purely first-come, first-served basis – so hurry up while stocks last!
f. The Organiser does not guarantee the availability of the participating products at the participating stores, or the guarantee of any specific reward.
g. Participants may enter the Experience as many times as they would like.
h. The Organisers reserve the right to immediately terminate services or suspend your access to the platform without notice, for conduct that it believes, in its sole discretion, is illegal or inappropriate including but not limited to sharing of offensive or illegal content, using the service in any manner which may be harmful to other users.
i. Please note that the use of the platform for any illegal, fraudulent or abusive purposes may be referred to your local law enforcement authorities without notice to you.
8. The participants are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable requests of the Organiser and their agents.
9. The Organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Experience will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Organiser may require the participants to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or social media. Participants will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Organiser’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Experience.
11. Entry into the Experience will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. Indemnity and Limitation of Liability: All participants indemnify the Organiser, it’s advertising agencies, affiliates, advisors, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Experience (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Organiser and/or receipt and/or use of the Rewards).
13. The Organiser, its associated companies or affiliates including their directors, officers and employees, agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, corrupted, incorrect, delayed or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel this Experience, to change the number or nature of a reward at any time, or to change the terms and conditions at the Organiser’s discretion.
16. Review and Notices
The Organiser may choose to review these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion from time to time. Any changes will be communicated to you by us posting the new version of these Terms and Conditions within the Sprite Heat Happens platform or as otherwise determined by The Organiser in its sole discretion. It is your responsibility to remain informed of any changes because you are legally obligated to abide by the latest version of these Terms and Conditions. Your acceptance of and / or continued use of the Digital Experience after the date of the new Terms and Conditions will constitute your acceptance of such changes. You may also be asked to re-acknowledge or reaccept the new Terms and Conditions following any material changes.
17. Third Party Content and Links to Third Party Sites
Within the Sprite Heat Happens Platform, you will find links which may let you leave the platform. These links are provided as a courtesy only, and the sites they link to are not under the control of The Organiser in any manner whatsoever. Therefore, the organiser is in no manner responsible for the content of any such linked site(s) or any link contained within a linked site, including any changes or updates to such site(s). You acknowledge that The Organiser is providing these links merely as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not in any way imply or express affiliation, partnership, endorsement nor sponsorship by The Organiser of the site(s) and/or any of the content therein.
18. All queries relating to the Experience can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on +254 727 093 444, through email on email@example.com.
19. The Experience and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the Kenya and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Kenya.