2023 UTC promotion
1. Promoter. Coca‑Cola Namibia Bottling Company (Pty) Ltd is the promoter of this promotional competition (“2023 UTC promotion”). The purpose of this promotion is to increase sales of our Coca‑Cola packs, and to drive sales during Q3 in Namibia
2. Participant/s. A person who enters, competes in or is otherwise eligible to win the Coke appliances promo grand prizes.
3. Eligibility. The Promotional Competition is only open to citizens, permanent residents, or anyone who is legally permitted to reside in the Republic of Namibia and who is 18 (eighteen) years of age or older. Any employee, director, partner, immediate family member, agent, consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or The Coca‑Cola Company, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, customers or any subsidiary of Coca‑Cola Beverages Africa (Pty) Ltd, its affiliates and/or associated companies are disqualified from participating in the Coca‑Cola Promotional Competition (collectively, “Disqualified Person/s”). In addition, all Participants must be natural persons; no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities.
4. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering the Promotional Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules (“Official Rules”), which will be interpreted and applied by the Promoter or its nominated administrator, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the Promotional Competition and any prize/s (which has/have not yet been subject to selection), or any aspect thereof, with notice duly to be communicated to participants and the Lotteries Board of Namibia, for any reason which the Promoter deems necessary.
5. Promotional Period. The Promotional Competition commences at 00H01 on 1st of August 2023 and ends at 23h59 on 15th of December 2023, both days inclusive (“Promotion Period”). All entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered.
a. Participants stand the chance of winning grand prizes of 32 x Hisense Stoves, 32 x Hisense Deep Freezers, 32 x Hisense Fridges and meal vouchers to the value of N$300.
b. The Promoter shall solely determine the specifications of the Prize/s and the Promoter’s decision shall be final in this regard.
c. The Promoter shall not be liable for any manufacturing faults, recalls, damage or loss of or to the Prize/s once handed over to the winner/s of the Promotional Competition.
d. The Promoter does not cover insurance for the Prize/s once handed over to the winner/s of the Promotional Competition.
7. How to Enter.
a. To stand a chance of winning a Prize, participants must buy 1x 2L, 1.25lt or 600ml of any Coca‑Cola products including Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Twist, Sparletta and Stoney (“Participating Product/s”) from any participating retailer (as detailed in Annexure “A” hereto) (“Participating Retailer/s”) during the Promotion Period.
b. Customers to buy any 1x 2L, 1.25lt or 600ml participating Coca‑Cola product, including Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Twist, Sparletta and Stoney check under the cap, send the unique code to 45845 at N$1.00 per sms.
c. Participants may enter the Promotional Competition as many times as they wish provided they purchase the Participating Products each time from a Participating Retailer during the Promotion Period.
d. Participants are only eligible to win prizes under this Promotional Competition. There will be a total of three thousand, six hundred and forty-six (3646) national winners.–) 32 x Deep Freezers, 32 x Stoves, 32 x Fridges and 3550 meal vouchers to the value of N$ 300 to be won.
e. Participants with valid/invalid codes will receive instant feedback. whether they have entered the wrong/invalid code. Correct codes will be automatically entered into the main prize draws.
f. Every week (selected day) of the month, winners results will be sent to the CCBA Namibia team by the consulted text regulating marketing agency at the Coca‑Cola Windhoek plant headquarters who will be contacted by the Trade Marketing department.
g. A Participant’s entry will be withdrawn if any Participating Product/s purchased in connection with this Promotional Competition is/are returned.
h. Entries that are unclear or illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Person/s will be disqualified.
a. The Promoter or its nominated administrator’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
b. The Promoter or its nominated administrator will select the names of the potential winners via random selection of consolidated SMS entries. Winner selection of Promotional Competition will be conducted in weekly random draws of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The draws shall take place on the following dates: Aug 11th, Aug 18th, Aug 25th, Sep2nd 1st, Sep 8th, Sep 15th, Sep 22nd, Sep 29th, Oct 6th, Oct 13th, Oct 20th, Oct 27th, Nov 3rd, Nov 10th, Nov 17th, Niv 24th, Dec 1st, Dec 8th and Dec 18th.
c. Participants whose entries are drawn will be notified telephonically within 1 (one) week from the date of the random draw as to when and where they may collect their Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Requirements of Potential Winner/s. The Potential winner/s of the Promotional Competition must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning Coca‑Cola prizes will be contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of the Promotional Competition. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the potential winner/s of the Promotional Competition via mobile (Whatsapp), and social media, however, in the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, and fails to collect a Prize within 1 (one) week of being notified thereby forfeiting the Prize, forfeits a Prize for any reason, is a Disqualified Person/s, or is disqualified for any other reason, the Promoter or its nominated administrator will hand prize to alternate potential winner/s from all remaining eligible entries (up to 3 (three) alternates will be permitted). If the alternate potential winner/s are disqualified for whatever reason, the applicable Prize/s will not be awarded.
10. Publicity. The Promoter (CCBA Namibia ) may require the prize winner/s of the Coca‑Cola competition to be identified and/or photographed and/or published in printed media and/or to appear on radio and/or television, when accepting the Prize/s and/or after having received the Prize/s. The winner/s of the Promotional Competition will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their image/s and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Promotional Competition.
11. General conditions.
a. If the Promoter is unable to reach any Participant via mobile phone, email, social media after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such Participant will be disqualified from the Promotional Competition and the selection of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first selection once two weeks from the draw date has elapsed.
b. The Prize/s is/are neither transferable, nor exchangeable, nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defects in the Prize/s. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize/s with any other prize/s of comparable commercial value or to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the Promotional Competition and the Prize/s (which has/have not yet been subject to selection), or any aspect thereof, with participants and the Lotteries Board of Namibia to be promptly notified of these changes.
c. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotional Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotional Competition to address the impairment and then resume it in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotional Competition and award the Prize/s in a random draw from all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotional Competition or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or the official rules of any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person/s to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotional Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person/s to the fullest extent permitted by law.
d. The Promoter's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
e. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of the Promotional Competition to verify his/her eligibility and/or the validity of his/her entry.
12. Release and Limitation of Liability. Except where prohibited in law, Participants and/or the winner/s of the Promotional Competition, as the case may be, hereby indemnify the Promoter, its nominated administrator, Coca‑Cola Beverages Africa (Pty) Ltd together with all its subsidiaries and The Coca‑Cola Company, as well as their directors, employees, affiliates, agents, advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers and customers against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever (including consequential and economic loss) arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the Promotional Competition including, but not limited to: (a) any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise; (b) use of the Prize/s; (c) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotional Competition; (d) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (e) errors in the administration of the Promotional Competition or the processing of entries; and (f) injury or death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a Participant’s participation in the Promotional Competition or receipt or misuse of the Prize/s. If, for any reason, a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, such Participant’s sole remedy shall be another Promotional Competition entry, if it is possible.
13. Consent. All participants and/or winners of the promotional competition hereby gives their consent to the promoter (CCBA Namibia) to add their details to the promoters (CCBA Namibia) promotional database for future communication.
14. Queries. All queries in connection with the Promotional Competition should be directed to the Coca Cola Beverages Namibia Head Office: 0800888800 and request for the Trade Marketing Department.
**Participating Coca‑Cola Products (subject to availability):
- 2L Coca‑Cola products (Coca‑Cola, Coca‑Cola No Sugar, Fanta, Sprite, Twist, Sparletta, Stoney)
- 1.25 Coca – Cola products (Coca – Cola, Coca – Cola No Sugar, Fanta, Sprite, Sparletta)
- 600ml Coca – Cola products (Coca – Cola, Coca – Cola No Sugar, Fanta, Sprite)