Sprite Back to Cool Challenge - Terms and Conditions
“Sprite Back to Cool Challenge” is a digital experiential platform that celebrates the unique ability of music to unite and uplift and tap into the refreshing chill and cool factor of Sprite®. The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the 'Sprite Back to Cool Challenge” (the Challenge) and by participating in the same you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted the same.
1. The Challenge is organised by Coca‑Cola Indian Ocean Island and its partners i.e. Zeleman Communications Advertising and Productions PLC (altogether the “Organiser”).
2. The Challenge is open to residents and citizens of Ethiopia of the age of 13 (thirteen) years or older, except any minor who is unaccompanied by a guardian, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Organiser, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organiser and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisors, dealers, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies.
3. By entering the Challenge, all participants and the winners agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as interpreted by the Organiser, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Organiser reserves the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these terms and conditions, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Challenge, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Organiser reasonably deems necessary.
4. The Challenge is only valid within Ethiopia.
5. The Challenge commences ON 24Th October and ends at 23h59 (East African Time) on 2nd November (“Challenge Period”).
6. To enter the Challenge, participants must:
a. Follow and like the ‘Sprite Back to Cool’ post on Sprite Ethiopia’s Facebook page.
b. Record a video of yourself duetting with Skat Nati music track, which you can find on Skat Nati’s Facebook page and as shared on Sprite Ethiopia Facebook page.
c. Use a Sprite bottle as your microphone to be eligible for the Challenge.
d. Post with #SpriteBackToCool, tag Sprite Ethiopia Facebook page and Skat Nati’s Facebook page.
e. Skat Nati will select the finalists from the eligible videos posted on Facebook who will battle it out at The Final Battle.
7. The Final Battle
The Final Battle (the Event) will be held on 4th November 2023 at Kana Warehouse, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where attendees will have the chance to select the #SpriteBackToCool Champion. The Event is open to all residents and citizens of Ethiopia who are over the age of 13. Attendees must purchase a 500ml PET bottle of Sprite® to enter the Event premises. At the Event, there will exciting Sprite® activations where attendees will have a chance to win exciting rewards such as Sprite merchandise. Attendees will also access free Wi-Fi provided by a third-party telecommunications provider at the Event premises. Attendees acknowledge that the Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude or reject them from participating in the activities at any time without notice or explanation.
8. The #SpriteBackToCool Reward
The winner of the Challenge will win a brand-new iPhone 14 Pro, and bragging rights as the #SpriteBackToCool Champion!
9. Reward Terms
Any prize or reward provided in relation to this Challenge or attendance to the Event is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other item. Organiser also reserves the right to forfeit or substitute a winner where the participant fails the verification process for whatever reason and/or is unavailable or cannot be contacted in time. If a participant fails to provide accurate information at the time of entering the Challenge or attending the Event (including the age of the participant) or does not comply with any section of these terms and conditions, such person will be disqualified and forfeit the reward. Rewards must be accepted on an ‘as is’ basis and the Organiser makes no representation as to the suitability or fitness for purpose. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attached to a reward will pass on to the participant immediately upon receipt of the reward.
10. The participants are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable requests of the Organiser and their agents.
11. The Organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Challenge will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Organiser may require the participants to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or social media. Participants will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Organiser’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Challenge.
13. Entry into the Challenge will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Indemnity and Limitation of Liability: All participants indemnify the Organiser, it’s advertising agencies, affiliates, advisors, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Challenge (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Organiser and/or receipt and/or use of the Rewards). The Organiser, its associated companies or affiliates including their directors, officers and employees, agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, corrupted, incorrect, delayed or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any technical failure relating to the Challenge that may result in a Challenge entry not being successfully submitted, or to the internet connectivity provided at the Event, which are provided via a 3rd party. Attendees to the Event will be solely responsible for their safety, security and well-being during the event, and the Organiser assumes no liability in relation to any injury or damage to persons or property caused by your participation in this event. In no event will the Organiser be liable to participants for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages or losses.
15. By entering the Challenge, participants agree that their Challenge entry may be shared by The Coca‑Cola Company and its affiliates on its social media platforms. By participating in the Challenge and attending the Event, participants and attendees also consent to the publication in any form of your name, image and likeness in the Organizers’ marketing material in any media without further consideration.
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel this Challenge, to change the number or nature of a reward at any time, or to change the terms and conditions at the Organiser’s discretion.
18. The Challenge and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the Ethiopia and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ethiopia.