Carne Asada Street Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories: 188 per serving (1 taco)
- 2.5 lbs Flank Steak or Flap meat
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oil (vegetable, grape seed
- or olive oil)
- 1 cup onions diced
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 cup guacamole (favorite store
- bought or recipe)
- 1 bottle hot sauce (favorite store
- 8 corn tortillas
- Combine salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cinnamon, soy sauce, adobo sauce and oil. Brush onto steak and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Set grill to high heat. Spray grill with oil and add steak. Let cook for 5-6 minutes and then flip and let cook for another 5 minutes until temperature is medium. Cooking times vary depending on thickness of meat. Remove, add a squeeze of lime and let rest.
- Place the tortillas directly on the grill. Heat for about 15-20 seconds and flip for another 15-20 seconds. You should have some charring when finished. Do not overcook as the tortillas will become hard and brittle. Remove and cover.
- Slice the cooked stead into ½ inch strips making sure to cut against the grain. To build tacos, place a tortilla on a flat work source. Start by adding the steak and then a dollop of guacamole. Next add onions, tomato, cheese and finish with a few drops of hot sauce. Serve.