- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces vodka or gin (optional)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Blueberry Topo Chico Sabores Sparkling Water
- Lemon slices and additional blueberries, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries are soft and the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the blueberry mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the blueberry mixture into a bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the solids and set the blueberry syrup aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 ounce of the blueberry syrup, vodka or gin (if using), and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well until chilled, about 15-20 seconds.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- Top off the glass with sparkling water and give it a gentle stir to mix.
- Garnish with lemon slices and additional blueberries, if desired.
- Enjoy your refreshing Blueberry Sparkler!