The Coca‑Cola Give - Donation Program
Terms and Conditions
(Updated September 12, 2018)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By participating, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions governing The Coca‑Cola Give - Donation Program, including any changes that are made. The date above indicates the date of the most recent change in the Terms and Conditions.
See The Coca‑Cola Company Digital Programs Terms and Conditions for additional details that govern all activity on the website. See FAQs for additional questions and answers.
A. Overview of The Coca‑Cola Give - Donation Program
The Coca‑Cola Give - Donation Program ("Coca‑Cola Give") is a program sponsored by The Coca‑Cola Company ("Sponsor") through which individuals can participate in a variety of ways. Through Coca‑Cola Give, individuals can select to donate from a list of available schools and causes. To participate in Coca‑Cola Give, individuals must have or must create a Coke.com (or other Coca‑Cola brand) account (each an “Account”). Each such person is an “Account Holder.” To create an account, visit https://us.coca-cola.com/home/ and click on the sign up link and follow the instructions to register for a Coke.com account. To create an account, you must have a unique, valid email address. Accounts cannot be shared. If you already have a Coke.com or other Coca‑Cola account, please use that. Limit: 1 Account per person. Your donation to any accredited K-12 school of your choice will result in a quarterly payment to be used on physical education, sports, technology, arts and/or classroom supplies designated by the school. Your donation to one of our cause partners will be used in line with their philanthropic mission provided. The program begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 23, 2017 and continues until suspended or cancelled. The Coca‑Cola Company reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend, modify, or cancel the program, in its sole discretion, at any time, see Section G below.
Coca‑Cola Give is open to legal residents of any of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) who are 13 years or older and who are Account Holders before participating. There may be quizzes or other activities that may be available on Coca‑Cola Give from time to time. These may be available only to those of other ages (always older than 13, e.g. 18 or 21), or only to residents of particular geographic areas (e.g., Florida only) as indicated in the details for the particular activity. Only individuals can participate in Coca‑Cola Give. Corporations, associations, or groups are not eligible. Coca‑Cola Give is void where prohibited by law.
In order to donate to a school or cause on Coca‑Cola Give, you must first have a product code. Locate the code on packaging of any participating Coca‑Cola product (list located here: https://us.coca-cola.com/participating-brands/) (each, a "Code"). Follow the links and instructions to enter your Code where indicated. If a Special Offer or Activity requires you to enter more than one Code, you can allocate a Code or Codes toward the Special Offer or Activity and come back at a later date/time to enter the additional Code(s) needed to complete the Special Offer or Activity, subject to any details specified in the Special Offer or Activity.
D. Code Entry
First, visit Coke.com/give and log in to or create your Account. Then, follow the links and instructions to search for and select your desired school or cause from the available choices, then enter your Code where indicated, and click to complete the donation. You may be offered the opportunity to share that you donated on social media. There is no specific incentive from Sponsor for doing so. Whether or not you share, you will then have the opportunity to enter an additional Code and donate it.
E. Code Values
Each Code you donate has a monetary value to the school or cause. For Coca‑Cola Give, the value of your codes vary based on the type of Coca‑Cola packaging where the Code was found. You can see the value of your Code here. Schools and causes will receive checks from Sponsor for the accumulated values of all donations through Coca‑Cola Give on a quarterly basis, as long as the donations meet a minimum threshold. Please defer to your tax advisor for questions around deduction.
F. Schools and Causes
From time to time, Sponsor may update the causes on Coca‑Cola Give, in its sole discretion. If you would like to add a K-12 accredited school, please contact +1 800 520 2653. At this time, we are not accepting suggested causes.
G. Modifications and Termination of the Program
Sponsor reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions or details set forth herein, including, but not limited to, the methods by which people may participate, at any time, with notice, which may be in the form of email, site updates, or the like, even though these changes may affect a person's ability to participate in Coca‑Cola Give. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend Coca‑Cola Give at any time, for any reason, with notice, even though termination may affect a person's ability to participate in Coca‑Cola Give. If you continue to participate in Coca‑Cola Give once changes are made, you are acknowledging your acceptance of any and all changes to these terms and conditions. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable of any and all changes that Sponsor may make to these terms and conditions. The most current version of these terms and conditions, which will indicate the date they were last updated, will be available on Coca‑Cola Give, Coke.com/give and will supersede all previous versions of these terms and conditions.
H. General Terms
2. The Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the participation privileges of any person who engages in any fraudulent or unsportsmanlike activity, or uses Coca‑Cola Give in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions, or with any federal, state or local laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for Coca‑Cola Give, or a person's compliance with these terms and conditions will be resolved by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
I. Limitation of Liability
1. The Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with Coca‑Cola Give or utilized by any Account Holder, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network, cellular network, or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction. In the event of a printing error, neither The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, IBM Corporation, Spredfast, King Solutions, Inc., Janrain, Inc., Candid Partners, SessionM, HelloWorld, Inc., nor their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and respective agents and their agencies, suppliers and other companies involved in the development or execution of Coca‑Cola Give or the production or distribution of Coca‑Cola Give materials (“Coca‑Cola Parties”) shall have any liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ANY OF THE COCA-COLA PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF GIVE, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF THE SPONSOR IMPROPERLY DENIES A PERSON DONATION OF A CODE OR ITS VALUE, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE STATED VALUE OF SUCH CODE IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY PARTICIPATING IN GIVE, A PERSON WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
2. As a condition of participating in Coca‑Cola Give, each Account Holder agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Coca‑Cola Give shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by arbitration under the Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Arbitration will take place in Fulton County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and rewards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in Give, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any person be permitted to seek recovery for, and such person hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and statutory damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
3. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of an Account Holder and the Sponsor in connection with Give, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia; provided, however, that any issues or questions arising out of such person’s participation in a promotion governed by specific rules that provide for the application of the laws of another jurisdiction shall be governed by the law of the jurisdiction stated in those rules.
4. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Coca‑Cola Give participants and Sponsor pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or other arrangements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written. No waiver of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof (whether or not similar), nor shall waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these terms and conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
J. School Donation Checks and EFT
Sponsor will transfer funds or send checks to schools on a quarterly basis, within 90 days of the end of the quarter, if a school's balance has reached the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) direct deposit or physical check thresholds. If a school has arranged for EFT, the minimum disbursement amount is $10. Otherwise, the minimum disbursement amount is $25 and the school will receive a check in the mail. Checks are valid for 90 days, after which the check is void. Sponsor recommends that schools sign up for EFT.
In the calendar year, if the minimum donation is not met by the last date of a calendar-year quarter, the contribution amount will carry over to the next calendar year quarter. Any checks not cashed within the 90 day time frame will be void and redirected as a donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.