1. Important Notice:
1.1 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the Promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify The Kellogg Company of South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Coca‑Cola Africa (Pty) Ltd or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
1.2 You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
1.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (" CPA").
2. Promoters: The “Snack Break Competition” (“Competition”) is organized by The Kellogg Company of South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Kelloggs”) and Coca‑Cola Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Coca‑Cola Africa”).
3. The participating forecourts/service stations and the applicable Competition dates on which the Competition will take place are as follows: 1.) National Total forecourt/service station stores 2.) commencement date for the Competition is 28 February 2023 and end date is 2 May 2023.
4. You will only be eligible to enter this Competition if:
4.1 you are a natural person of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or over at the date of entry. You will be required to submit valid identification documentation in order to verify your age if you win;
4.2 you are a South African resident;
4.3 you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Kelloggs or Coca- Cola Africa or participating Promoters, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional Competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this Competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
4.4 it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation if you win, and Kelloggs and Coca‑Cola Africa reserve the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you if you win.
4.5 The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. Entry mechanic:
5.1 To enter this Competition and stand a chance to win a prize as detailed in these terms and conditions, participants must:
5.1.1 Purchase a combination of a Pringles 42g can in any of these flavours: Original, Sour Cream & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, Cheesy Cheese or Fruit & Chutney, and a participating 440ml or 500ml participating Coca‑Cola beverage from a participating Total local forecourt/service station during the Competition dates in each respective local forecourt/service station as listed in paragraph 3 above. Participating beverages are listed in Annexure A below; and
5.1.2 Scan the QR code that is found on the point-of-sale material where the Competition is advertised or WhatsApp the word ‘WIN’ to 021 673 6820 and follow the prompts.
5.1.3 These point-of-sale material can be found in the participating forecourts/service stations The prompts will be as follows:
18.104.22.168 Screen 1; “Thanks for entering the promotion to stand a chance to win a cellphone.
22.214.171.124.1 Are you over the age of 18?”
126.96.36.199 Screen 2; “By continuing you are agreeing to the T’s & C’s
188.8.131.52.2 To stand a chance to win Please send us a pic of your till slip clearly showing:
184.108.40.206.2.1 The date;
220.127.116.11.2.2 The Store name;
18.104.22.168.2.3 Purchase of the Combo of any 1 x 42g Pringles and 1 x 440ml/500ml participating beverage purchased.”
22.214.171.124 Screen 3: “Thank you for your entry. You are in the draw. Winners will be contacted telephonically, Goodluck!
126.96.36.199.1 Click below If you would like to enter again;”
5.2 Submission of the participants’ entry will require the use of WhatsApp, and standard data charges will apply.
5.3 Proof of purchase must be retained and submitted as part of the entry process. The photo of the till slip must clearly indicate the combo purchased, the local forecourt/service station where purchase was made and the date of the purchase. Only purchases made from participating local forecourts/service stations during their respective Competition periods as listed in paragraph 3 above will be considered valid.
5.4 Participants may enter multiple times provided that each entry is associated with a separate qualifying purchase. However, participants are limited to a maximum of 10 entries per day and 100 entries over the total duration of the Competition period for each respective participating forecourt/service station. Participants only stand a chance to win one prize.
5.5 Only the original purchaser of the combo is entitled to use such purchase to enter.
5.6 The Promoters and their associated partners, agencies and suppliers are not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
5.7 Incomplete, late, or otherwise faulty entries will not be accepted.
5.8 Kelloggs, Coca‑Cola Africa and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to the Competition and the Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5.9 Participant’s entry will be withdrawn if the product purchased in connection with the Competition is returned by the participant.
5.10 No automated entries will be allowed, and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
5.11 If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ sole discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
5.12 The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if in the Promoters’ sole discretion, any fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
6. The prize:
6.1 Entrants/participants who purchase a participating combo (as described in paragraph 5.1 above) from a participating Total forecourt/service station stand a chance to win 1 of 10 Samsung S22 Smart phone valued at R16, 999.00 each. All specifications of this prize will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoters of this Competition. Each winner will receive 1 (one) cellphone as described in this subparagraph.
6.2 Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. Kelloggs, Coca‑Cola Africa, their associates, agents and affiliates, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
6.3 The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Kelloggs and Coca‑Cola Africa reserve the right to alter the prize for a prize of comparable commercial value at their sole discretion.
6.4 Once the winner has received the prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to the prize will pass on to the winner immediately on awarding the prize to the winners of tis Competition. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the prize once handed over to the winners of this Competition.
7. Prize Draw:
7.1 Potential winners will randomly be selected from the pool of entrants (by independent agencies and registered auditors) within 3 weeks of the Competition ending and will be declared as official winners if the conditions in paragraph 8 below are fulfilled.
8. Prize Claims:
8.1 Following the draw, the potential winners will be contacted by Coca‑Cola Africa’s agent, VPAS Idea Merchants CC (“VPAS”) within two (2) working days of the draw having taken place. If a potential winner cannot be contacted telephonically within a period of three (3) consecutive business days, Kelloggs and Coca‑Cola Africa reserve the right to disqualify such a potential winner and randomly select a replacement winner from the Competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner will be contacted telephonically. If the replacement winner cannot be contacted within the same time constraints, the prize will be forfeited back to the Promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
8.2 Potential winners will be required to respond in the following manner:
8.2.1 Potential winners who are successfully contacted telephonically will be taken through an initial verbal validation process by VPAS before being required to submit a copy of their valid South African identity document or valid passport and valid day time delivery details on the dedicated VPAS prize fulfilment platform on WhatsApp.
8.2.2 Failure to complete this process within three (3) working days will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and the prize being awarded to a runner up.
8.2.3 In circumstances, where a runner up is selected, and the Promoters or agents are unable to reach or successfully verify the runner up, the prize will be forfeited back to the Promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
8.2.4 A successful prize claim will be subject to the potential winner being successfully verified. Verification of all the requirements set out in clause 4 will be undertaken by the Promoters nominated agents/auditors.
8.2.5 Successfully verified winners will receive their prizes within 4 weeks of being successfully verified.
8.2.6 Successfully verified winners will receive their prizes via the Promoters’ nominated couriers for delivery between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday at the winner’s nominated South African delivery address. The winner will need to present proof of identification at the point of delivery and sign for the delivery in person. Failure to be available to accept the delivery on 2 occasions will result in no further delivery attempts and the winner will immediately forfeit the prize.
8.2.7 The delivery waybill will stand as proof of prize acceptance by the winner.
9. Indemnity: All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Kellogg Company and The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the prize/s).
10. Publicity: The Promoters may require the winner/s to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their prize or after having received their prize. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
11. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable, therefore, and the Promoters will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
12. All winners must expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA, including, but not limited to, signing any winner declaration forms required by the Promoters.
13. Kelloggs and Coca‑Cola Africa reserve the right to, in their sole discretion, vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel this Competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, and these terms and conditions without notice at any time, for any reason which Kelloggs and Coca‑Cola Africa reasonably deem necessary. In the event of such amendments or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, affiliates, suppliers and nominated agents.
14. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Kelloggs, Coca‑Cola Africa and their agencies is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If a winner fails to comply with any of these rules/terms and conditions or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the required winner declaration forms, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Kelloggs, Coca‑Cola Africa and their associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
17. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and the CPA. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
18. The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to - Tthe exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
19. Promoters’ details:
19.1 The Kellogg Company of South Africa (PTY) Ltd: 7 Woodmead Estate, Ground Floor, 1 Woodmead Drive, 2146
19.2 Coca‑Cola Africa (Pty) Ltd: Building 1, 116 Oxford Road, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Participating beverages are:
COKE® NO SUGAR 0500 SHR
COKE® LIGHT NO SUGAR 01X24 500 SHR
SPRITE® NO SUGAR 01X24 500 SHR
FANTA® NO SUGAR 01X24 500 SHR
COKE® NO SUGAR NO CAFFEINE 01X24 500 PET
FANTA® GRAPE 01X24 440 PET
FANTA® ORANGE 01X24 440 PET
FANTA® PINE 01X24 440 PET
SPARLETTA PINE NUT 01X24 440 PET CCPB
SPARLETTA IRON BREW 01X24 440 PET
STONEY NO SUGAR 01X24 500 SHR
SPARLETTA CREME SODA 01X24 440 PET
SPARLETTA SPARBERRY 01X24 440 PET
STONEY 01X24 440 PET
STONEY 01X24 440 PET
TWIST GRANADILLA 01X24 440 PET
COKE 01X24 440 PET
STONEY X GINGER 01X24 440 PET
SPRITE 01X24 440 PET
FANTA WHAT THE FANTA 01X24 440 PET
FANTA PASSION 01X24 440 PET
FANTA RED APPLE 01X24 500 PET
SPRITE MINT AND LEMON 01X24 500ML PET