1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited, McDonalds South Africa (Proprietary) Limited and Expanding Branding (Pty) Limit5ed (“Promoters”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport) except any minor, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisors, dealers, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies.
3. By entering the Competition, all participants and the winners agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these terms and conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. The Competition is run exclusively at selected McDonald’s restaurants and drive throughs.
6. The Competition commences on 24th September 2022 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 1st October 2022 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered.
7. Participants stand a chance to win 1 of 250 Bathu limited edition Sky Edition Sneakers worth R1400.00 (each pair of sneakers referred to as a “Prize”). There will be a total of 250 winners who will each receive 1 (one) pair of Bathu limited edition sneakers.
8. To enter into this Competition participants will be required to do the following:
- Buy any Blitzboks Big Boerie Burger Meal with a Stoney® No Sugar beverage cup (any cup size) via the McDonald’s App and purchase from a participating McDonald’s restaurant. All National McDonalds Drive Through Restaurants will participate.
- WhatsApp a clear picture of their till slip to 060 686 8127 and gain an entry to stand a chance to win a pair a Prize.
9. A total of 250 potential winners will be drawn using a random lucky draw method by Expanding Branding (Pty) Limited within 4 weeks of the Competition end date. These potential winners will be contacted by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited in order to verify their details. Those that do not comply with the verification process will be excluded and more potential winners will be drawn until all the prizes have been allocated. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. In order for the particular entries to be confirmed as valid, each winner will be required to provide their full name, contact number, proof of ID, e-mail address and physical address, to deliver the Prize.
11. If the Promoters are unable to reach a winner within 48 hours from the date of being declared a winner, or if a winner is a minor, or if a winner fails the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and a draw for a replacement entry and winner will take place. Participants will be contacted on the cell phone number used to enter the Competition.
12. The Promoters will advise the winners when and how they will receive their Prize once they have been declared a winner. The Prizes will be received within 45 working days from date of last notification by the Promoters.
13. Once a winner has received their Prize, the Promoters will not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attached to the Prize will pass on to the winner immediately.
14. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed, and all entries must be made by a natural person manually – using the stipulated channel.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) Prize under this Competition.
15. The winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
16. The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash nor any other item.
17. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of any of the Promoters and/or receipt of the Prize and/or use of the Prize).
18. The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed, and published in printed media, or on television or radio or to appear on social media sites or other platforms of the Promoters, when accepting their Prize or after having received their Prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition. The Promoters may use the uploaded images in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever for a period of 1 (one) year after the end of the Competition Period (i.e., 1 October 2023).
20. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
21. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the terms and conditions at their discretion.
22. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.coca-cola.co.za.
23. The terms and conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.