House of Mix x Durban July Terms and Conditions
AMENDED TERMS AND CONDITIONS (AMENDMENTS MADE TO THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS ON 15 MAY 2023) AS FOLLOWS:
- Paragraph 11: Removal of the requirement to purchase from a participating outlet. Participants can purchase participating products from any outlet or store.
- Annexure B: Deletion of the entire Annexure B.
Terms and Conditions: Schweppes consumer promotion
1. Promoter/s: This Schweppes consumer promotion Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCA”) and VPAS Idea Merchants CC (“VPAS”) (“Promoters”).
2. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. The Competition commences on 24 April 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 15 June 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified.
Description of Prizes:
6. Participants stand a chance to win:
a. 1 of 4 “National Durban July Experiences” to the Hollywood Bets Durban July which such “Durban July Experiences” consists of accommodation, ground transfers, 2 x VIP event tickets to the Hollywood Bets Durban July and 2 x after party tickets (additional detail on this prize are set out in paragraph 7 below) (“National Experience Prize”); OR
b. 1 of 5 “Local Durban July Experiences” consisting of 2 x VIP event tickets to the Hollywood Bets Durban July and 2 x after party tickets (additional detail on this prize are set out in paragraph 8 below) (“Local Experience Prize”).
7. In respect of the National Experience Prize, the winner will win the following: (a) 2 VIP tickets for the winner and a guest of the winner’s choice, to attend the Hollywood Bets Durban July which is due to take place on 1 July 2023 ("Event”). The winner’s guest of choice must be 18 years of age or older; (b) return economy flights for the winner and the winner’s guest using an airline chosen solely by the Promoters (FLIGHTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR WINNERS WHO ARE BASED OUTSIDE KWAZULU-NATAL); (c) 2 (two) nights’ accommodation (standard double room as chosen by the Promoters and in a hotel chosen solely by the Promoters) and meals (3 (three) meals a day consisting of breakfast, lunch and dinner each day and drinks (excluding alcohol) as chosen by the Promoters for the winner and the winner’s guest; (d) ground transportation from the airport (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR WINNERS WHO ARE BASED OUTSIDE KWAZULU-NATAL) to the hotel, from the hotel to the Event, from the Event to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR WINNERS WHO ARE BASED OUTSIDE KWAZULU-NATAL); and (e) 2 after party tickets for the winner and the winner’s guest. The winner will be required to provide the Promoters with their details, as required by the hotel or lodge as well details of their guest, so that the Promoters can make the bookings. Winner and winner’s travel guest must be available to travel within the dates which the Promoters will communicate with the winner, failing which the winner shall immediately forfeit the National Experience Prize. The Promoters are not responsible for the postponement, or cancellation of the Event for whatever reason and the Promoters will not be liable for any loss, claim, costs or expenses due to or incurred by the winner due to such postponement or cancellation of the Event. The Promoters have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove a winner or the winner’s guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or the winner’s guest’s behaviour at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Promoters. All expenses, elements, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and winner’s guest are responsible for complying with any and all COVID-19 requirements or other requirements set forth by the Promoters, transport, hotels/accommodations, Event organisers and government authorities. Failure to comply with any required requirements will result in forfeiture of select elements of the National Experience Prize or the entire National Experience Prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
8. In respect of the Local Experience Prize, the winner will win the following: (a) 2 VIP tickets for the winner and a guest of the winner’s choice, to attend the Event. The winner’s guest of choice must be 18 years of age or older; and (b) 2 after party tickets for the winner and the winner’s guest. The Promoters are not responsible for the postponement, or cancellation of the Event for whatever reason and the Promoters will not be liable for any loss, claim, costs or expenses due to or incurred by the winner due to such postponement or cancellation of the Event. The Promoters have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove a winner or the winner’s guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or the winner’s guest’s behaviour at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Promoters. All expenses, elements and other costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and winner’s guest are responsible for complying with any and all COVID-19 requirements or other requirements set forth by the Promoters, Event organisers and government authorities. Failure to comply with any required requirements will result in forfeiture of select elements of the Local Experience Prize or the entire Local Experience Prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. The Promoters shall not award a Prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such Prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the Prize and be disqualified.
10. Once the winner has received a Prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the Prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to the Prize will pass on to the winner immediately. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the Prize once handed over to the winner/s of this Competition.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
11. To enter into this Competition and stand a chance to win a Prize, participants must do the following:
Purchase any 2 participating products (see Annexure A for a list of the participating products) from any store or outlet, scan the QR code found on the POS material advertising this Competition or WhatsApp “Schweppes” to 021 180 2801, and follow the prompts to access the age gate, then provide your first name, provide your surname, provide your opt in decision to future marketing communications, and upload a copy of your till slip showing you purchased 2 qualifying products.
Participants may enter multiple times* provided each entry is linked to a unique qualifying transaction.
* Participants are limited to a maximum of 5 entries per day, and 100 entries over the entire duration of the Competition. However, participants only stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this Competition.
12. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
13. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will short-list the valid entries. The judging panel will then conduct an audited random draw to select a total of 4 potential winners of the National Experience Prize and a total of 5 potential winners of the Local Experience Prize. The potential winners will be selected in accordance with the following: 4 potential winners (2 for the National Experience Prize and 2 for the Local Experience Prize) will be selected and notifed on 19 May 2023; the next 3 potential winners (1 for the National Experience Prize and 2 for the Local Experience Prize) will be selected and notifed on 9 June 2023; and the final 2 potential winners (1 for the National Experience Prize and 1 for the Local Experience Prize) will be selected and notifed on 16 June 2023. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. All potential winners will be notified in accordance with the above schedule telephonically on the WhatsApp number that such potential winners entered this Competition to be notified that they are potential winners and to provide and/or confirm their details for verification purposes. The Promoters reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of this Competition to verify his or her eligibility and/or the validity of his or her entry.
15. In order for the particular entries to be confirmed as valid and the potential winners to be declared as official winners, the potential winners will be required to provide their full name, contact number and e-mail address and to confirm their date of birth by submitting a copy of their valid identity document as described in paragraph 2 above within 48 hours of a request to provide the information , to verify their details. Once declared official winners, the winners will be required to complete and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the Prize as well as an indemnity form.
16. If the Promoters (whether directy or through their agencies) are unable to contact or reach a potential winner on his or her mobile number used to enter into this Competition after drawing his or her entry for whatever reason within 24 hours from the date of first notification as set out in these Terms and Conditions or if a potential winners failure to provide the verification information within the timeline stipulated in paragraph 15 above or if an official winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours from the date of being declared an official winner to collect or to arrange the delivery of the Prize to the winner or a winner fails to collect a Prize within 1 (one) month of being notified, or if a winner forfeits a Prize for any reason, or if a person is not eligible to enter into this Competition, or if a potential winner fails the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason or if a potential winner or official winner fails to provide any required information within the timelines stipulated or if a winner refuses to accept the Prize or refuses or fails to sign and send to the Promoters the acknoweldgement of receipt of the Prize, then such person will immediately forfeit their chance to win the Prize or the Prize and will be immediately disqualified from this Competition and an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries will be drawn. If the alternate potential winner/s are disqualified for whatever reason, the applicable Prize will not be awarded and the Promoters will decide what to do with the unawarded Prize at their sole and absolute discretion.
17. The Promoters will advise the winners when and how they will receive their Prize; tickets will be sent to the winners within 5 (five) working days from being declared a winner and delivery of the other elements of the prize for winners of the National Experience Prize will be communicated by the Promoters to the respective winners.
18. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
d. The Promoters shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
e. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
19. The Prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoter/s and its agents.
20. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
21. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the Prize/s).
22. Publicity: The Promoters may require the winner/s to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their Prize/s or after having received their Prize/s. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
23. By entering into this Competition, each participant hereby consents and irrevocably grant to the Promoters, a world-wide, royalty free (free from any other fee or charge), perpetual and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, use and publish any content posted and/or submitted by the participant on any social media platform in relation to the Competition or the Prize, for any purposes including the promotinon of the products and services of the Promoters or affiliates of the Promoters without notice or any compensation to the participants. The participants further hereby irrevocably grants to Promoters and the Promoters’ affiliates, a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, and absolute right and permission to use, produce, reproduce, modify, publish, and display (including to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed) a participant’s name, image, moving image, videos, voice and/or photograph in relation to the Competition or the Prize, including the participant’s participation in any aspect of the Competition or the Prize, in any and all advertising, posts and materials in any manner or media whatsoever, on a worldwide basis, for advertising and promotional purposes in conjunction with this Competition or any other competitions run by the Promoters without notice or any compensation to the participants.
25. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
26. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Whatsapp. Participants voluntarily provide their information to the Promoters and not to Whatsapp however the participants are required to take note of the following:
a. As this Competition requires participants to comment/post anything in relation to the relevant Whatsapp platform, participants’ comments/posts must be original and written by them. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “comment/post” includes but is not limited to, any written material or visual or audio material such as an image, a photograph, a sound or visual clip. Participants may not use someone else’s post or work as their post. Participants may not comment/post material that is derogatory or harmful to the Promoters or the social platforms.
b. Participants may not misuse the social media platforms, or the Coca‑Cola® brand or any of the brands of the Promoter/s or the Competition in any way. This includes posting content for commercial purposes or distributing spam or malicious code or using the site to collect the personal data or content of other users or direct visitors to other sites or pages.
c. Posts must not contain any content that is normally prohibited on the relevant social platforms such as explicit or offensive content.
d. The Promoters have the absolute discretion to decide if participants actions constitute any of the actions prohibited in terms of these Terms and Conditions and to end their participation in the competition immediately and take appropriate legal action. The Promoters may also immediately remove any posts that they reasonably believe constitute any prohibited content without notice to the participant.
e. Participants must comply with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms.
f. The Promoters are not responsible for the social media platforms. The Promoters cannot control how they operate, when or if they are available, or what content they carry. Even though the Promoters run the Competition on the site, the Promoters do not endorse the third party, its site, its products, or services or any content on the site. Participants use the site at their own risk. Participants must take all necessary measures to protect themselves and any minors, from risks, such as viruses and other destructive code.
g. Participants must obtain at their own expense all equipment and services that are necessary to gain access to the social media platforms to take part in this Competition.
h. The Promoters can put in place such technical or other remedies they consider appropriate to prevent abuse, or to protect any sites or the Promoters’ systems or other users.
i. If any participant does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, their posts can be deleted and they will not be allowed to access the site or take part in the Competition.
j. By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform, in relation to this Competition and its associated promotional activities, participants consent and give the Promoters a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a participant on a social media platform, for the purposes of promoting the products and services of the Promoter.
27. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at their discretion.
28. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.coca-cola.co.za.
29. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ANNEXURE A: Participating Products:
- APPLETISER® 275ml Glass
- APPLETISER® 330ml Can
- APPLETISER® 750ml Glass bottle
- APPLETISER® 1.25L PET
- GRAPETISER® 275ml Glass
- GRAPETISER® 330ml Can
- GRAPETISER® 750ml Glass bottle
- GRAPETISER® 1.25L PET
- Valpre® 350ml Glass
- Valpre® 750ml Glass
- Valpre® 500ml PET Still
- Valpre® 500ML PET Sparkling
- Valpre® 1L PET Sparkling
- Valpre® 1.5L Still
- SCHWEPPES (Includes Tonic Water, Ginger Ale, Lemonade, Soda Water and Dry Lemon)
- 200ml cans
- 300ml cans
- 1L PET
- 2L PET
- Coca‑Cola® Original Taste 200ml can
- Coca‑Cola® No Sugar 200ml can
- Coca‑Cola® Original Taste 250ml glass Bottle