TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE
“SPARLETTA® wholesale consumer promotion”
- Promoters: This Sparletta® wholesale Consumer promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCA”), Coca‑Cola Beverages South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCBSA”) and Expanding Branding (Proprietary) Limited (“Expanding Branding”) (“Promoters”).
- Eligibility: The Competition is only open to anyone of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
A participant who has previously won a prize in any Competition run by any of the Promoters in the last 6 (six) months shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
- The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participant must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
- Competition Period: The Competition commences on 15th July 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 31st October 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified.
Description of Prize:
- Participants stand a chance to win:
- 1 of 840 (eight hundred forty) two-minute trolley dashes worth R1500.00 (one thousand five hundred Rands) including value added tax. * There will be a total of 840 (eight hundred forty) winners who will each participate in a two-minute trolley dash in store as advised by the Promoters and subject to these terms and conditions
- *- Only food grocery items will be accepted and winners cannot be assisted by anyone. No competing beverages will be allowed. No snacks of competitors of Coca‑Cola will be allowed.
- The dash will be within a 2-minute window, whatever comes first will apply – time or value of items in the trolley (i.e., R1500.00).
- Winners will need to manage all transportation logistics. The winners will be required to behave responsibly and comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
- Once a winner has completed the trolley dash, the Promoters will not take any responsibility for the groceries redeemed. The Promoters shall not be liable for any further and or additional costs and/or expenses in relation to delivery of the Prize, and the winners indemnify the Promoters, their directors, affiliates, employees, shareholders and agents against any claim of whatsoever nature howsoever arising including during the participation at the trolley dash. ONLY GROCERY ITEMS can be redeemed by the winner during the trolley dash, therefore non-grocery items such as televisions, electronics etc., cannot be redeemed. There will be an in-store count down once the trolley dash begins. If the value of items in the trolley after the expiration of the time of the trolley dash is more than R1500.00 (one thousand, five hundred Rand), including value added tax, the winner will have to remove any items of their choice so that the total amount is R1500.00 (one thousand, five hundred Rand), including value added tax. If the value of the items is less than R1500.00 (one thousand, five hundred Rand), including value added tax, then the winner will forfeit the balance of the Prize value.
- A total of 840 (eight hundred forty) winners (subject to verification) will be drawn by a nominated store representative using a random lucky draw method as follows:
a. 3 (three) winners will be chosen weekly, every Friday for the duration of Competition Period from the regions as per Annexure B. Therefore, total number of winners that will be selected from the respective region during the Competition Period will be as follows:
i. Total number of 60 winners will be selected from the Coastal Region
ii. Total number of 60 winners will be selected from the Inland Region
iii. Total number of 60 winners will be selected from the North Region
iv. Total number of 60 winners will be selected from the Gauteng Region
b. 5 (five) winners will be chosen weekly, every Saturday for the duration of Competition Period for the regions as per Annexure B. Therefore, total number of winners that will be selected from the respective region during the Competition Period will be as follows:
i. Total number of 150 winners will be selected from the Coastal Region
ii. Total number of 150 winners will be selected from the Inland Region
iii. Total number of 150 winners will be selected from the North Region
iv. Total number of 150 winners will be selected from the Gauteng Region
- Coastal Region consists of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Eastern Cape and Mandela Bay. Inland region consists of North West, Northern Cape and Free State.
- The Promoters shall not award a prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the prize and be disqualified.
- Once the winner has received a prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to a prize will pass on to the winner immediately. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the prize once handed over to the winners of this Competition.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
- To enter this Competition and stand a chance to win a prize in this Competition, participants must do the following:
a. Purchase a minimum of 4 x participating cases of 2L Sparletta® or 2L Twist® or 2L/2.25L Stoney® (refer to Annexure A below for a full list of participating products) from a participating store (refer to Annexure B below for a full list of participating stores) during the Competition Period; and
b. Write their name, surname and phone number on the back of their till slip and thereafter, place the completed till slip into the entry box provided in-store at the participating retail store.
- The Promoters do not guarantee the availability of the participating products at the participating stores and therefore are not liable for unavailability of participating products. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase. Purchase of the participating products from the participating stores must be made during the Competition Period. Any purchases made before or after the Competition Period do not qualify.
- The total number of 840 winners will be selected by a nominated store representative as described in paragraph 7 above:
a. The nominated store representative and Promoters’ decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
b. The nominated store representative will select the names of the potential winners from eligible entries received. The random draw shall take place on the dates described in paragraph 7 above.
c. Potential winners whose entries are drawn will be notified telephonically on the day of the random draw as to when and where to participate at the trolley dash.
d. If the Promoter are unable to reach a participant after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such participant will be disqualified from this l Competition and the selection of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first selection.
- The selection of the winners for the prizes is final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. The Promoters reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of this Competition to verify his or her eligibility and/or the validity of his or her entry.
- Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed, and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this Competition.
d. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoters shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- The prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
- The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the prize).
- Publicity: The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their prize or after having received their prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- By entering into this Competition, each participant hereby consents and irrevocably grant to the Promoters, a world-wide, royalty free (free from any other fee or charge), perpetual and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, use and publish any content posted and/or submitted by the participant on any social media platform in relation to the Competition or the prizes, for any purposes including the promotion of the products and services of the Promoters or affiliates of the Promoters without notice or any compensation to the participants.
- The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at their discretion.
- All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at https://www.coca-cola.com/za/en/legal/sparletta-teg-ccbsa
- These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ANNEXURE A: Participating products
- Sparletta® Crème Soda 2L PET
- Sparletta® Pine Nut 2L PET
- Sparletta® Sparberry 2L PET
- Sparletta® Iron Brew 2L PET
- Sparletta® Apple Rush 2L PET
- Twist® Lemon 2L PET
- Twist® Granadilla 2L PET
- Stoney® Classic 2L PET
ANNEXURE B: Participating Stores
Customer No. Name
TRADEPORT DIST (PTY) LTD
PHOENIX C & C
PHOENIX CASH AND CARRY EMPANGENI
AHEERS CASH & CARRY
FAVORS C&C (PARAGON PLACE)
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS PORT SHEPSTONE
HAPPY FAMILY DISTRIBUTORS UMTATA
HAPPY FAMILY DISTRIBUTORS UMGENI
TRADEPORT DISTRIBUTION EC
PHOENIX CASH & CARRY
HAPPY FAMILY DISTRIBUTORS TRADEMORE
DESAI'S C & C TRADING
MEGASAVE BESTWAY C&C
T F S WHOLESALERS LADYS
NORTH CITY NEWCASTLE
KWA SIYABONGA BUTCHERY
TFS WHOLESALERS VRYHEID TRUST
SHIELD IMPUPHU WHOLESALER
SEACO CASH AND CARRY BRIARDENE
SIYAMA CASH & CARRY
LIBERTY CASH & CARRY
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS IZINGOLWENI
TRADESTAR IKHWEZI ULUNDI
MOOSA'S CASH & CARRY
REUNION C & C MARIANHILL
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS PORT EDWARD
TARGET CASH AND CARRY
OHLANGA WHOLESALERS KOKSTAD
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS BIZANA
TRADESTAR IKHWEZI ESHOWE
RADUE WEIR UMTATA
JUMBO CASH & CARRY EAST LONDON
T F S WHOLESALERS DUNDEE
TRIANGLE STORES (PTY) LTD
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS FLAGSTAFF
MIN CASH WAREHOUSE
KING BOTTLE STORE
HAMMARSDALE CASH & CARRY
BARGAIN WHOLESALERS HARDING
NEW ERA WHOLESALERS
CHOICE FROZEN FOODS
Metro Foods Bloem
Fair Deal Supermarket
Transito Cash 'n Carry
Platinum C&C Potchefstroom
Brother's Cash 'n Carry
Patel Cash 'n Carry
Die Lantern Kafee
Foodtown Hyper Thlabane
M & J Supermarket
Platinum Distribution Centre
Three Star Cash 'n Carry
TFS Qwa Qwa
Frontline Hyper Vanderbijl
Mimo's Sweets Shop
Blue Sky Distributors Kathu
Northern Cape Market
Liquor Legends Potch
Overland Liquor Warehouse
Roberto's Fruit 'n Veg
A.A.A.T Cash 'n Carry
Bhally's Chicken Hyper
MCN General Dealer
HAPPY FAMILY DISTRIBUTORS WITBANK
KISMAT CASH AND CARRY
MULTISAVE ADVANCE WHOLESALERS
PREMJEE HYPER TRADING
KIT KAT CASH & CARRY SILVERTON
FRONTLINE HYPER MOKOPANE
FRONTLINE HYPER PRETORIA
KIT KAT CASH & CARRY PRETORIA WEST
B D FRUITERERS
BIG SAVE LEBOMBO
SOWETO CASH & CARRY
Jamaica Boksburg North
Vosloorus Cash & Carry
Lucky Cash & Carry
Germiston Cash & Carry
New Kal Kal
Blue Moon CC
Boksburg Cash and Carry
Caroline Cash and Carry
Olifan cash and carry
Mursal Cash and Carry
BBQ GRILL RETAILER
T & Y SUPER WHOLESALER
DINI CASH AND CARRY
THE BIG TIME DOORNFONTEIN
FNP CORNER SHOP
TAXI RANK FOOD MARKET
ALEX MADDA WALAABU WHOLESALE
UNIMART HYPER ALEXANDRA
PICK AND BUY CASH AND CARRY
LAS VEGAS WHOLESALER
WESTON CASH AND CARRY
SWEET STREET CASH AND CARRY
WELL MEL WHOLESALER
NJOMANE GENERAL DEALER