TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE COCA-COLA® “SURPRISE AND DELIGHT” PROMOTION
1. This Promotion is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited
2. This promotion is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport), except any minor, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoter, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or its associated companies.
3. By participating in this promotion, all participants and the winners agree to be bound by these rules/terms and conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these rules and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this promotion and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
4. This promotion is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the promotion, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. The promotion commences on 29 Mar 2022 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 31 December 2024 (“Promotion Period”).
6. In order to qualify for the surprise and delight giveaways, participants will be required to have shared their love for a Coca‑Cola® product by sharing a photo or video of them enjoying the product on social media using the hashtag #RealMagic or tagging @cocacolaSA on any social media platform (this includes Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
7. The prize consists of 1 (one) e-voucher for one of the following subscriptions:
- 1 (one) x three-months free Showmax subscription code; or
- 1 (one) x three-months free Netflix subscription code; or
- 1 (one) x Uber Eats voucher (R100-R300) will be allocated and outlined on the voucher); or
- 1 (one) x one-month free Spotify subscription code.
There will only be 1 (one) voucher allocated to each winner in this giveaway.
8. The prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or for any other item. Winners will be announced weekly during the Promotion Period subject to the availability of the vouchers.
9. Participants may enter the promotion subject to the following
a. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a Participant will be disqualified from this promotion.
b. Participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this promotion.
- The Promoters will select up to 500 winners whose posts comply with the entry mechanic as stipulated in paragraph 6 above. The Promoters will send the prizes via direct messaging to the winners’ social media handles inbox.
- There is no guarantee of winning a prize in this promotion and consumers will experience the “surprise” element of the promotion.
- The winners will be notified via their respective social media handles which they used to post the content that is compliant with paragraph 6 above, with a subsequent follow up to confirm their details provided in the manner required below.
- In order for the particular entries to be confirmed as valid, the possible winner will be required to provide their proof of identification, including their full name and confirm their social media handle and to confirm whether they accept the prize. The prizes will be sent to the winner’s social media account inbox (via direct messaging), within 8 weeks from the winner being verified in accordance with this clause.
- Once the Promoters have verified the winner, the Promoters will advise the winner when and how they can redeem their prize. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Once the winner has received the prize, the Promoters will not take responsibility for any malfunction or defect. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attached to the prize will pass on to the winner immediately.
- The winner is obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
11. Disqualification Of Winner
If a Promoter is unable to reach a winner within 48 (forty-eight) hours from the date of the winner being notified or if a winner fails the verification process after selecting his or her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and a draw for a replacement entry and winner will take place.
12. Use Of Participant and Winner Information
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotion (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the prizes).
- The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed, and published in printed media, social media or to appear on radio and/or television, when accepting their prizes or after having received their prizes. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the promotion. The Promoters may use the uploaded images in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
- The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions as well as the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this clause for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
- By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform, in relation to this promotion and its associated promotional activities, participants consent and give the Promoters a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a participant on a social media platform, for the purposes of promoting the products and services of the Promoters.
13. Unforeseen events
In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this promotion (, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on 20 business days’ notice to you), or to change the terms and conditions at the Promoters’ discretion.
14. All queries relating to this promotion can be directed to the COCA‑COLA Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of these promotion terms and conditions is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at https://www.coca-cola.com/za/en.