TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE COKE PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION
The following terms and conditions (the “Competition Rules”) apply exclusively to the aforementioned Competition and all participants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
- This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa Proprietary Limited (“Promoter”). For the sake of clarity, all participants acknowledge and agree that neither Uber Eats South Africa Proprietary Limited (“Uber”) nor any of its affiliates shall be considered as co-promoters of this Competition.
- The Competition is open to all permanent residents and citizens of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport), except any minor, employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoter or Uber, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, Uber and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to the Promoter, and its, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or associated companies.
- By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner(s) agree to be bound by these Competition Rules as interpreted by the Promote, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Competition Rules and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
- The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
- The participants also agree to the dissemination and/or sharing of their personal information by Uber with the Promoter and the Promoter’s agents. Personal information will be processed in accordance with Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”). For the sake of clarity, Uber shall share the contact details of the winners with the Promoter’s agents for the purposes of the Competition.
- The Competition commences on 22 May 2023 and ends 23h59 on 11 June 2023 (“Competition Period”). All entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered.
- The participants stand a chance to win the following prize (“Prize”):
● 1 (One) Nintendo Switch Console NB/NR (Revised) - Revised 2019 Version valued at R7000 (seven thousand Rands). There will only be one winner in this Competition.
- To stand a chance to win a Prize described in paragraph 7 above, participants will be required to do the following:
● Log in to their Uber Eats account (“Uber Eats Account”) via the Uber Eats app (the “Uber Eats App”) and place and pay for an order on the Uber Eats App during the Competition Period, where such an order includes at least one pack of 6 (six) 300ml or 330 ml cans any of the following products: Coca‑Cola® Original Taste, Coca‑Cola® No Sugar, Coca‑Cola® Light, Fanta® (all variants) and Sprite® (all variants) (the “Product”), which is linked to this Competition. If a Product that is not on promotion is ordered, such an order will not qualify to be considered as an entry.
● Each order of the Product constitutes an eligible entry. Therefore, a participant can have multiple entries, and will receive an additional entry for every order he/she places for the Product during the Competition Period.
- The winner will be chosen randomly by the Promoter’s agency, Rapt Agency (Pty) Ltd from an anonymised list of all participants during the week of the 1st to 5 July 2023 following the end of the Competition. Uber will only share the contact details of the potential winners with the Promoter and the Promoter’s agent for verification purposes and delivery of the Prize, and shall comply with the provisions of POPIA in doing so. Once the potential winners are chosen from the anonymised list of all participants, the Promoter or the Promoter’s agent shall contact the winners for verification. If successfully verified, the potential winner will be declared as an official winner and the Prize will be delivered to the winner by the Promoter by email based on communication that will be exchanged between the Promoter and the winners via email or by SMS. In order for the particular entries to be confirmed as valid and the potential winners to be declared as official winners, they will be required to provide to the Promoter their full name, contact number, ID number, e-mail address and to confirm their date of birth, to verify their details. Once declared official winners, the winners will be required to complete and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize. The Promoter shall comply with the provisions of POPIA during this verification process.
- The winner(s) will be contacted via a telephone call using the mobile number on their Uber Eats Account. If there is no answer after a telephone call is placed each day on the 8, 9th & 10th July 2023 at approximately 12h00 p.m. SAST (South African time), the winner will be contacted via email. The winner must confirm their acceptance of these Competition Rules and of the Prize on receiving the telephone call (should they have answered) or email, whichever is sooner. If no response was received by the Promoter or if the winner does not accept these Competition Rules or the Prize, the winner will forfeit the Prize, and the Promoter, in its sole discretion may award the Prize to another participant, after following the same process explained in paragraph 9 above, or decide not to award the Prize to anyone.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of the Competition is final and no ensuing exchange of correspondence will be entertained or entered into by the Promoter with any unsuccessful entrant or participant regarding any dispute. The Promoter shall not award the Prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such Prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the Prize and be disqualified.
- Once the winner has been selected and confirmed in accordance with these Competition Rules, the winner will receive the Prize within 30 (thirty) working days of being last contacted by the Promoter.
- For prizes that require redemption, the validity period for such redemption will expire 12 (twelve) months as from the date of prizes being awarded.
- Once the winner has received the Prize, the Promoter will not take responsibility for any Product malfunction or defect. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to the Prize will pass on to the winner immediately.
- Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually via the Uber Eats App.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoter’s discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) Prize under this Competition.
d. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- The winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Competition Rules and all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents.
- If a person fails to provide accurate information or does not comply with the Competition Rules, such person will be disqualified and forfeit the Prize.
- The Prize is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash or any other item.
- All participants and the winner(s), as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter and Uber, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and their bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter, Uber and/or receipt and/or use of the Prize).
- The Promoter may require the winner(s) to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or social media or other platforms, when accepting their Prize or after having received their Prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition. The Promoter may use the uploaded images in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
- The Promoter may require the winner(s) to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with the Competition Rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”). Should a winner refuse or be unable to comply with this clause, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform, in relation to this Competition and its associated promotional activities, participants consent and give the Promoter a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a participant on a social media platform, for the purposes of promoting the Products and services of the Promoter.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the Prize at any time, or to change these Competition Rules at its sole discretion.
All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to email@example.com. A copy of these Competition Rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.uber.co.za and www.coca-cola.co.za