Terms and Conditions: #What The Fanta™ voucher consumer promotion
1. Promoters: This #What The Fanta™ voucher consumer promotion Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCA”), and Barrows Global (Proprietary) Limited (“Barrows Global”) (collectively, the “Promoters”).
2. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
A participant who has previously won a prize in any Competition run by any of the Promoters in the last 6 (six) months shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. Competition Period: The Competition commences on 15 September 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 14 November 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified.
Description of Prizes:
6. Participants stand a chance to win:
a. 1 of 20000 #WhatTheFanta vouchers worth R5.00 (Five Rand) (“Prize”).
*The Prize will be deducted from the purchase price of the winners’ next purchase of any Fanta 2.25L PET.
*Each Prize is valid for 1 hour from issue. Each voucher can only be claimed at the participating store that the winner scanned the QR code.
7. The Promoters shall not award a prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the prize and be disqualified.
8. Once the winner has received a prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to a prize will pass on to the winner immediately. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the prize once handed over to the winners of this Competition.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
9. To enter this Competition and stand a chance to win a prize in this Competition, participants must do the following:
a. Scan the QR Code on free standing unit instore with What The Fanta material from a participating store (refer to Annexure A below for a full list of participating stores) during the Competition Period, where they will be directed to the http://what-the-fanta.co.za/ website; and
b. Guess the flavour of What The Fanta and enter their full name, cell phone number, age on the website and find out instantly whether they have won a Prize.
10. Winners will find out instantly if they have won on the number that they used to enter this Competition. The winners will be selected using an automated computerised service conducted by Barrows Global. The winners will receive their Prize via SMS directly to the cell phone number that they used to enter. Each voucher is valid for 1 hour from issue. Each voucher can only be claimed at the participating store.
11. The selection of the winners for the prizes is final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. The Promoters reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of this Competition to verify his or her eligibility and/or the validity of his or her entry.
12. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Only a maximum of 6 entries per participant will be allowed consumer during the Competition Period. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this Competition.
d. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoters shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
13. The prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
14. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
15. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the prize).
16. Publicity: The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their prize or after having received their prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. By entering into this Competition, each participant hereby consents and irrevocably grant to the Promoters, a world-wide, royalty free (free from any other fee or charge), perpetual and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, use and publish any content posted and/or submitted by the participant on any social media platform in relation to the Competition or the prizes, for any purposes including the promotion of the products and services of the Promoters or affiliates of the Promoters without notice or any compensation to the participants.
*Process or Processed or Processing means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including: (a) the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use; (b) dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
19. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
20. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at their discretion.
21. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at https://www.coca-cola.com/za/en/legal/terms-and-conditions.
22. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.