1. Promoter: This House of Mix Consumer Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of the Promoter, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. The Competition commences on 1 March 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 20 July 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified. The winners of the Voucher Prize will be notified immediately via Whatsapp.
Description of Prize/s:
6. Participants stand a chance to win:
a. 1 of 10 safari getaways valued at R40 000 each (the “Getaway Prize**”); or
b. 1 of 400 entertaining* sets valued at R1900 each (“Entertaining Set Prize”) consisting of:
i. Hamper 1: a cocktail set, botanical infusion set and a mini gin collection; OR
ii. Hamper 2: a picnic bag and blanket, wine accessory set, cheese board, wine glasses, coaster set and ice bucket; or
c. 1 of 1000 R200 Shoprite Group liquor store or Pick ‘n Pay liquor store digital shopping vouchers (“Voucher Prize”), to be used at any Shoprite Group liquor store in South Africa or Pick ‘n Pay liquor store in South Africahop and are validfor a period of 1 (one) year from date of issue (collectively the “Prizes”).
*Winners of an Entertaining Set Prize will either get Hamper 1 or Hamper 2 as described in paragraph 6(b) above and will not get both Hamper 1 and Hamper 2. The Promoter will at its sole and absolute discretion decide which hamper is awarded to each winner of the Entertaining Set Prize.
7. The Promoter shall not award any of the Prizes to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such Prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the Prize and be disqualified.
8. There will be a total of 10 (ten) Getaway Prize winners, a total of 400 (four hundred) winners of the Entertaining Set Prize and a total of 1000 (one thousand) Voucher Prizes in this Competition.
9. Participants will be instantly notified if they have won a Voucher Prize and winners of the Voucher Prize will be selected by means of an automated random computerised competition service by Techsys Digital and will receive their Voucher Prize to the cell phone number that they used to enter via Whatsapp.
10. Once the winner has received any Prize in this Competition, the Promoter shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the Prizes. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to the Prizes will pass on to the winners immediately. The Promoter does not cover insurance for the Prizes once handed over to the winners of this Competition. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
11. **In respect of the Getaway Prize, the winners will go on a Safari weekend getaway (i.e., from Friday until Sunday and dates to be chosen by the winner which must be within 12 months from date of being declared a winner) to a hotel or lodge within South Africa. Each winner will be required to notify the travel company (i.e. Parktown Travel) of their preferred travel dates in time, so that all bookings (as provided in these Terms and Conditions) are made on time. The Getaway Prize will be given in the form of a voucher which the winner must use to cover the package as described in this paragraph, for the getaway. The Getaway Prize only includes economy flights to and from the getaway, ground transportation, a 2 (two) nights’ accommodation (standard double room as chosen by the Promoter) and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)Winners may choose to travel with a travel companion, however such travel companion must be 18 years of age or older and the value of the Getaway Prize will remain the same as provided in these Terms and Conditions (i.e., the value will not be increased to accommodate the winner’s travel companion) and the package of the Getaway Prize will be the same. The Getaway Prize does not include any other benefit not expressly covered in this package.Therefore, winner is liable for any other costs and expenses not included in this Getaway Prize. Hotel or lodge booking is subject to hotel or lodge availability. The winner will be required to provide the travel company with their details as required by the hotel or lodge as well as details of their companion should they choose to travel with a travel companion, so that the travel company can make the bookings. Winner and winner’s travel companion if applicable must be available to travel within the abovementioned dates failing which the winner shall immediately forfeit the Getaway Prize. The Promoter is not responsible for the postponement, or cancellation of the getaway for reasons beyond their control, including but not limited to pandemics, epidemics, local disease outbreaks, public health emergencies, rules from any government authority, lockdown or stay at home orders and quarantines. Winner understands and agrees that the Promoter has the right, in itssole discretion, to disqualify and remove a winner or the winner’s companion if applicable from any activity at any time if the winner’s or the winner’s companion behaviour at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Promoter. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and travel companion are responsible for complying with any and all COVID-19 requirements or other requirements set forth by the Promoter, hotels/accommodations and government authorities. Failure to comply with any required requirements will result in forfeiture of select elements of the Getaway Prize or the entire Getaway Prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The Getaway Prize is not redeemable for cash or any other item.
12. In respect of the Voucher Prize, the prize only consists of the voucher, to be redeemed at any Shoprite Group liqour store or Pick ‘n Pay liquor store and is valid for 1 (one) year from date of issue.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
13. To enter into this Competition and stand a chance to win a prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, participants must do the following:
a. Buy any 2 (two) participating products (see below Annexure A for a list of participating products) from a participating liqour or grocery outlet (participating liquor or grocery outlet will have promotional posters of this Competition posted in the outlets) during the Competition Period; and
b. Scan the QR code on the Competition posters that are displayed in the participating outlets where the participants will be redirected to a WhatsApp bot for this Competition and will be required to upload a photo of their tillslip or the barcodes of their 2 participating products that they purchased, or WhatsApp the word ‘Mix’ to 060 686 8127 where the participant will be required to upload a photo of their tillslip or the barcodes of their 2 participating products that they purchased.
14. All entries for the Getaway Prize and the Entertaining Set Prize will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will short-list the valid entries. The judging panel will then conduct an audited random draw to select a total of 10 (ten) potential winners for the Getaway Prize and 400 (four hundred) potential winners for the Entertaining Set Prize, within 4 weeks of the relevant prize draw taking place. The 400 (four hundred) entertaining sets will be drawn weekly over the period of the competition. The 10 (ten) Getaway prizes will be drawn at the end of the competition period. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. All potential winners will be notified within 4 weeks of the relevant prize draw taking place via Whatsapp using the number that such potential winner used to enter this Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of this Competition to verify his or her eligibility and/or the validity of his or her entry.
16. In order for the particular entries to be confirmed as valid and the potential winners to be declared as official winners, they will be contacted by a representative from Expanding Branding (Pty) Ltd (“Expanding Branding”) and will be required to provide their full name, contact number, ID number, e-mail address and to confirm their date of birth, to verify their details. Once declared official winners, the winners will be required to complete and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
17. If the Promoter (whether directy or through its agencies) are unable to contact or reach a potential winner on his or her mobile number used to enter into this Competition after drawing his or her entry for whatever reason within 48 hours from the date of first notification as set out in these Terms and Conditions or if an official winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours from the date of being declared an official winner to collect or to arrange the delivery of the respective prize that they won to the winner or a winner fails to collect the respective prize that they won within 1 (one) month of being notified, or if a winner forfeits the respective prize in this Competition for any reason, or if a person is not eligible to enter into this Competition, or if a potential winner fails the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason or if a potential winner or official winner fails to provide any required information within the timelines stipulated or if a winner refuses to accept the respective prize that the won or refuses or fails to sign and send to the Promoter the acknoweldgement of receipt of the respective prize that they won, then such person will immediately forfeit their chance to win the respective prize or the respective prize and will be immediately disqualified from this Competition and an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries (up to 3 (three) alternate potential winners will be permitted) will be drawn. If the alternate potential winner/s are disqualified for whatever reason, the applicable prize will not be awarded and the Promoter will decide what to do with the unawarded prize at their sole and absolute discretion.
18. The Promoter (either directly or through its agencies) will advise the winners of the Getaway Prize and the Entertaining Set Prize on when and how they will receive their respective prize which will be within 4 weeks from being declared a winner. The winners of the Entertaining Set Prize will receive their prize via courier to their delivery address. The Getaway Prize winners will be contacted by a representative of Expanding Branding to co-ordinate their getaway with the travel company.
19. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoter’s discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) Prize under this Competition.
d. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
20. The Prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents.
21. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
22. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, the Promoter’s agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or receipt and/or use of the respective Prize).
23. Publicity: The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their prize or after having received their prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
24. By entering into this Competition, each participant hereby consents and irrevocably grant to the Promoter, a world-wide, royalty free (free from any other fee or charge), perpetual and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, use and publish any content posted and/or submitted by the participant on any social media platform in relation to the Competition or any of the Prizes, for any purposes including the promotinon of the products and services of the Promoter or affiliates of the Promoter without notice or any compensation to the participants.
26. The Promoter may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the respective prize that they have won and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
27. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at its discretion.
28. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.winwithcoke.co.za/promotion.
29. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ANNEXURE A: Participating Products
1. Schweppes® 200ml (all variants)
2. Schweppes® 1L (all variants)
3. Valpre® 500ml still water
4. Valpre® 500ml sparkling water
5. Valpre® 750ml glass still water
6. Valpre® 750ml glass sparkling water
7. Valpre® 1L still water
8. Valpre® 1L sparkling water
9. Valpre® 1.5L still water
10. Valpre® 1.5L sparkling water
11. Appletiser® 330ml
12. Appletiser® 275ml glass
13. Appletiser® 750ml glass
14. Appletiser® 1.25L glass
15. Red Grapetiser 330ml
16. Red Grapetiser 275ml Glass
17. Red Grapetiser 750ml glass
18. Red Grapetiser 1.25L
19. White Grapetiser 330ml
20. White Grapetiser 275ml Glass
21. White Grapetiser 750ml glass
22. White Grapetiser 1.25L
23. Coke® No Sugar 1L
24. Coke® No Sugar 200ml
25. Coke® Original 200ml
26. Coke® Original 1L