Terms and Conditions: Sprite® Consumer Promotion
1. Promoter/s: This Sprite® Consumer Promotion Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCA”), Expanding Branding (Proprietary) Limited (“Expanding Branding”) and Stouf Communications (Pty) Ltd (“Stouf”) (“Promoters”).
2. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
A participant who has previously won a prize in any competition run by any of the Promoters in the last 6 (six) months shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. Competition Period: The Competition commences on 13th April 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 31st May 2023 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified. The winners of the Retro Vinyl Prize as defined below will be selected monthly during the Competition Period.
Description of Prizes:
6. Participants stand a chance to win:
a. 1 of 75 Volkano Retro Vinyl Player valued at R1 500.00 (one thousand five hundred Rand) (“Retro Vinyl Prize”); or
b. 1 of 300 Spotify 3-months subscription voucher valued at R190.00 (one hundred and ninety Rand) (“Spotify Voucher Prize”); or
c. 1 of 625 airtime vouchers valued at R49 (Forty-Nine Rand) (“Airtime Voucher Prize”).
7. The Promoters shall not award a prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the prize and be disqualified.
8. Once the winner has received a prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to a prize will pass on to the winner immediately. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the prize once handed over to the winners of this Competition.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
9. To enter into this Competition and stand a chance to win a prize in this Competition, participants must do the following:
a. Buy any participating Sprite® beverage (see Annexure A below for a full list of the participating products) from a participating Sasol store (see Annexure B for a full list of participating Sasol stores) during the Competition Period; and
b. WhatsApp a picture of their till slip to 073 040 0165, where the participant will be prompted to provide their full name, opt in decision to receiving direct marketing messages and find out instantly whether they have won a Spotify Voucher Prize or Airtime Voucher Prize and be entered into a draw to stand a chance to win a Retro Vinyl Prize.
10. The Promoters do not guarantee the availability of the participating products at the participating stores and therefore are not liable for unavailability of participating products. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase. Purchase of the participating products from the participating Sasol stores must be made during the Competition Period. Any purchases made before or after the Competition Period do not qualify.
11. Winners of Airtime Voucher Prize: The Airtime Voucher Prize are for different mobile network providers in South Africa and the choice of the network providers will be at the sole discretion of the Promoters. Winners of these prizes will be selected daily during the Competition Period by means of an automated random computerised competition service which will be conducted by Stouf, and will find out instantly if they have won on their number that they used to enter into this Competition and the airtime prize will be topped up to their device automatically on the number that they used to enter into this Competition. Each airtime voucher is valid for 30 days from date of receipt.
12. Winners of the Spotify Voucher Prize: winners of a Spotify Voucher Prize will be selected daily during the Competition Period using an automated random computerised competition service which will be conducted by Stouf, and will find out instantly if they have won on the number that they used to enter into this Competition. The winners will receive their voucher prize directly into the WhatsApp chat.
13. Winners of the Retro Vinyl Prize:
A random draw will be conducted by an independent auditor according to the following draw schedule to select potential winners of the Volkano Retro Vinyl Player Prize:
28 April 2023 – 25 potential winners to be selected
12 May 2023 – 25 potential winners to be selected
1 June 2023 – 25 potential winners to be selected
The potential winners of the Retro Vinyl Prize will be notified within 2 weeks of the relevant prize draw taking place via SMS or WhatsApp and phone call using the number that the potential winner used to enter into the Competition and will be subject to a verification process where they will be required to provide their full name, surname, date of birth, contact details and daytime delivery address details and complete a verification document subject to the timelines that will be provided by the Promoters. If verification is successful, the potential winners will be declared official winners and a confirmation email will be sent to the winners. In addition, the winners will be required to sign and return to the Promoters, within five (5) days of the date notice is sent, an acknowledgement of prize and indemnity form ("Declaration") to claim their prize and to fulfil any such other requirements as determined by the Promoters. If a potential winner fails the verification process for whatsoever reason or a winner fails to send the complete Declaration within the timeline communicated, such person will be disqualified and shall not receive the prize, and a replacement draw, and winner will take place. Delivery of the prize will be made via courier within 21 (twenty-one) days of the winner being declared an official winner. Should a verified winner not be available to sign for the delivery at the provided address only 1 further delivery attempt will be made. Should the winner fail the second delivery attempt, the prize will be immediately forfeited by the winner and subject to a re-draw.
14. If the Promoters (whether directly or through their agencies) are unable to contact or reach a potential winner on his or her mobile number used to enter into this Competition after drawing his or her entry for whatever reason within 48 hours from the date of first notification as set out in these Terms and Conditions or if an official winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours from the date of being declared an official winner to collect or to arrange the delivery of a prize to the winner or a winner fails to redeem a voucher prize within 1 (one) month of being notified, or if a winner forfeits a prize for any reason, or if a person is not eligible to enter into this Competition, or if a potential winner fails the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason or if a potential winner or official winner fails to provide any required information within the timelines stipulated or if a winner refuses to accept a prize or refuses or fails to sign and send to the Promoters the acknowledgement of receipt of the prize, then such person will immediately forfeit their chance to win the prize or the prize and will be immediately disqualified from this Competition and an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries (up to 3 (three) alternate potential winners will be permitted) will be drawn. If the alternate potential winner/s are disqualified for whatever reason, the applicable prize will not be awarded, and the Promoters will decide what to do with the unawarded prize at their sole and absolute discretion.
15. The selection of the winners for the prizes is final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. The Promoters reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of any potential winner of this Competition to verify his or her eligibility and/or the validity of his or her entry.
16. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants are only eligible to stand a chance to win 1 (one) prize under this Competition.
d. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoters shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
17. The prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and their agents.
18. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
19. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the prize).
20. Publicity: The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their prize or after having received their prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
22. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
23. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoter’s/Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoter/s reserve/s the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at its/their discretion.
24. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at: https://www.coca-cola.com/za/en/media-center/sprite-sasol-pfm-promo-volkano-giveaway.
25. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ANNEXURE A: Participating products
1. Sprite® Lemon Lime 440ml Bottle
2. Sprite® No Sugar 500ml Bottle
3. Sprite® Lemon Mint 500ml Bottle
ANNEXURE B: Participating Stores
To view the list of participating stores, please download the following PDF.