Terms and Conditions: Flavas Summer Drop Shop Promotional Competition
1. Promoters: This Flavas Summer Drop Shop Consumer Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Coca‑Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“CCA”), Expanding Branding (Proprietary) Limited (“Expanding Branding”) and VPAS Idea Merchants CC (“VPAS”), (“Promoters”).
2. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa of the age of 18 (eighteen) years or older, living in South Africa and in possession of a valid form of identification (South African Identity Document or Passport). All participants must be natural persons; legal entities cannot participate in this Competition and no prize/s will be awarded to any legal entities. Certain prizes require licences and each participant must read such requirements carefully before entering into this Competition. Any minor, or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of any of the Promoters, or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters and/or immediate family members of any of the above persons, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its affiliates and/or associated companies, is not eligible to participate in this Competition and is therefore disqualified from participating in this Competition.
A participant who has previously won a prize in any Competition run by any of the Promoters in the last 6 (six) months shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and further agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right at any time, without notice, to amend, modify, or change these Terms and Conditions and any prizes, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary and without any compensation whatsoever. The names entered in the Competition must correspond with the names on the identity document and/or passport of the participant.
4. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
5. The Competition commences on 26th of October 2023 and ends at 23h59 (South African time) on 29th of February 2024 (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Competition Period will not be considered. Entries will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and thus disqualified.
6. Description of Prizes and Winner selection:
a. Please download the table of prizes here that the participants stand a chance to win.
7. The Promoters shall not award a Prize to a winner if it is unlawful to supply such Prize to the winner. In such instance, the winner shall immediately forfeit the Prize and be disqualified.
8. Once the winner has received the Prize, the Promoters shall not be liable and shall not take responsibility for any product malfunction or defect or manufacturing faults or defects, or damage or loss of or the Prize. Ownership of and risk in and benefit attaching to the Prize will pass on to the winner immediately. The Promoters do not cover insurance for the Prize once handed over to the winners of this Competition.
Entry mechanic/How to enter:
9. To enter into this Competition and stand a chance to win a Prize, participants must do the following:
a. Buy any participating product (see Annexure A below for a full list of the participating products) with a unique UTC (Under-The-Cap) 10 digit code found under the cap white closure, from any participating store nationwide during the Competition Period; and
b. Find the unique UTC (Under-The-Cap) code under the cap white closure, scan the QR code on the participating pack that the participant has purchased, where the participant will be directed to the Flavas Summer Drop Shop website (www.flavas.co.za) and be required to provide their full name, opt in decision to receiving direct marketing messages from CCA, input a valid UTC (Under-The-Cap) code found on the participating pack. Once the participant has successfully completed these steps, they will be presented with 5 (five) different prize options on the website that the participant would like to enter into a draw to stand a chance to win, and the participant will be required to select 1 (one) from the options that they would like to enter into a draw to stand a chance to win and this will be subject to the following:
i. Prizes have limited quantities and will appear for a limited time only. Therefore, the prize choice will be subject to availability as communicated on the www.flavas.co.za website and as presented on the website;;
ii. 5 (five) different prizes will be loaded on the website weekly;
iii. Only valid entry information will be accepted, and the Promoters reserve the right to disqualify and reject any inappropriate entries. All entry information is subject to verification and interrogation; and
iv. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
Once the participant has selected the prize that they would like to win, the participant will be entered into a draw to stand a chance to win such prize. The relevant prize draw will be as per the draw dates detailed in paragraph 6 above. Selection of the prize that the participant would like to win does not mean that the participant automatically wins that prize. A draw will still have to be conducted as per clause 6 above and clause 10 below.
10. Each prize as detailed in paragraph 6 above is subject to a draw that will be conducted by an independent auditor on the respective draw dates as detailed in paragraph 6 above. The independent auditor will select the respective number of potential winners. All potential winners will be notified within 2 (two) weeks of the relevant prize draw taking place via WhatsApp using the number that the potential winner used to enter into the Competition and will be subject to a verification process where they will be required to provide their full name, surname, South African ID number, valid licences (if required for the respective prize), contact details and a daytime delivery address. If verification is successful, the potential winners will be declared official winners and a confirmation message will be sent to the winners. In addition, the winners will be required to sign and return to the Promoters, within 5 (five) days of the date notice was sent, an acknowledgement of prize indemnity form (“Declaration”) to claim their prize and to fulfil any such other requirements as determined by the Promoters. If a potential winner fails the veritication process for whatsoever reason or a winner fails to send the complete Declaration within he timeline communicated, such person will be disqualified and shall not receive the prize, and a replacement draw, and winner will take place. Prizes that can be delivered physically will be delivered via courier within 21 (twenty-one) days of the winner being declared an official winner. Should a verified winner not be available to sign for the delivery at the provided address only 1 (one) further attempt will be made. Should the winner fail the second delivery attempt, the prize will immediately be forfeited by the winner and subject to a re-draw.
11. If the Promoters (whether directy or through their agencies) are unable to contact or reach a potential winner on his or her mobile number used to enter into this Competition after drawing his or her entry for whatever reason within 48 hours from the date of first notification as set out in these Terms and Conditions or if an official winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours from the date of being declared an official winner to collect or to arrange the delivery of the Prize to the winner or a winner fails to collect a Prize within 1 (one) month of being notified, or if a winner forfeits a Prize for any reason, or if a person is not eligible to enter into this Competition, or if a potential winner fails the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason or if a potential winner or official winner fails to provide any required information within the timelines stipulated or if a winner refuses to accept the Prize or refuses or fails to sign and send to the Promoters the acknoweldgement of receipt of the Prize, then such person will immediately forfeit their chance to win the Prize or the Prize and will be immediately disqualified from this Competition and an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries (up to 3 (three) alternate potential winners will be permitted) will be drawn. If the alternate potential winner/s are disqualified for whatever reason, the applicable Prize will not be awarded and the Promoters will decide what to do with the unawarded Prize at their sole and absolute discretion.
12. Participants may enter the Competition subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually as per the entry mechanic described above.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoters’ discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such a participant will be disqualified from this Competition.
c. Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like provided they complete the entry mechanics set out above each time. However, participants may win a maximum of 2 (two) Prizes under this Competition.
d. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
e. The Promoters shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
f. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
13. The Prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with these Terms and Conditions and all reasonable requests of the Promoters and its agents.
14. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or any other item.
15. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to The Coca‑Cola Company, its’s affiliates and/or associated companies, against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or receipt and/or use of the Prizes).
16. Publicity: The Promoters may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television or on social media platforms or other platforms, when accepting their Prize or after having received their Prize. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. By entering into this Competition, each participant hereby consents and irrevocably grant to the Promoters, a world-wide, royalty free (free from any other fee or charge), perpetual and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt, use and publish any content posted and/or submitted by the participant on any social media platform in relation to the Competition or the Prize, for any purposes including the promotinon of the products and services of the Promoters or affiliates of the Promoters without notice or any compensation to the participants.
*Process or Processed or Processing means any operation or activity or any set of operatios, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including: (a) the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use; (b) dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
19. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
20. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoters’ reasonable control, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel this Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the Terms and Conditions at their discretion.
21. All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Coca‑Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form at https://www.coca-cola.com/za/en/legal/terms-and-conditions-flavas-drop-shop.
22. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
ANNEXURE A: PARTICIPATING PACKS
Participating Products: (All Sizes, 300ml,330ml,400ml, 440ml,500ml, 1.5L,2L,2.25L,1.15L)
- Sprite® (All Flavours)
- Fanta® (All Flavours)
- Stoney® (All Flavours)
- Sparletta® (All Flavours)
- Twist® (All Flavours)