The Coca‑Cola® Holiday Canada 2023 Instant Win & Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Coca‑Cola Holiday Canada 2023 Instant Win & Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) consists of an Instant Win game (the “Instant Win Game”) and a Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Canada who are 13 years of age or older at the time of Entry/Game Play (defined below). See Section 6 below for complete details of prizes. Any Entrant who is under the legal age of majority in their province/territory (a “Minor”) must have the consent and permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter or play. Void outside Canada and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and non-employee workers of Coca‑Cola Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), Collective IQ, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion. (Collectively, the “Released Promotion Parties”) and their immediate family (defined for the purposes of these Official Rules as: spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three  months out of the year) of each such individuals are not eligible. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant’s (and their parent/legal guardian’s on their behalf if the Entrant is a Minor) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding (without right of appeal) in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on November 6, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 7, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period").
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter/Play:
Scan QR Code: During the Promotion Period, visit a participating retailer, locate the participating product and Quick Response (“QR”) code on it. Scan the QR code included on the packaging with your web-enabled mobile device to be directed to the Website (defined below).
Participate directly via Website: During the Promotion Period, visit holiday.coca-colacanada.ca (the “Website”). Follow the links and instructions to complete the registration page (including answering a math skill testing question) in its entirety if you are a first-time user, returning user will only be required to enter their email address. You will then receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“Entry”) and one (1) Instant Win Play (“Game Play”) every day you enter your email address. Each eligible entrant will be referred to herein as an “Entrant”. Once on the Instant Win Game page, the Instant Win Game results will be displayed as a winning or non-winning message upon completion of animation. If a winner of a physical prize, entrants must provide his/her mailing address for prize fulfillment (NO P.O. BOXES). At the conclusion of the Promotion, if address is not already provided, Administrator will reach out via email and potential winner will be required to provide a mailing address within three (3) days of notification attempt in order to be confirmed as a winner or prize will be forfeited.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game. All winners must correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question as a condition to winning a prize.
Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Entry and one (1) Instant Win Game Play per person per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries/Game Plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries/Game Plays and that Entrant may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar Entry/Game Play methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries/Game Plays by that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
Collectively, Entries will be referred to as “Entries”. Collectively, Game Plays will be referred to as “Game Plays”.
4. Verification: ALL POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNERS AND SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE OR EVEN IF ENTRANT RECEIVES AN EMAIL MESSAGE SAYING HE OR SHE WON, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE INSTANT WIN GAME SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
5. Determination of Winners:
For the Instant Win Game: There will be 110 random, computer-generated winning times during the Promotion Period, listed in Section 6 below (quantities vary). If you are the first player to be served the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of a prize, subject to verification.
For the Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner on or around January 8, 2024 from all eligible Entries received for the Promotion Period.
Winner Notification: Potential winner will be emailed a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release, where legal (“Declaration”) which they (and their parent/legal guardian if they are a Minor) will be required to sign and return within three (3) days of notification attempt in order to be confirmed as a winner or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected for Sweepstakes Prizes. If a winner is a Minor, their parent or legal guardian must accompany them on any travel or to any event. If a potential winner fails to return the completed Declaration within three (3) days, Declaration is returned as undeliverable, Entrant is deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected for Sweepstakes Prizes only. Return of Sweepstakes notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, up to three (3) alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
Prize Award: Instant Win prizes will be fulfilled approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after winner verification. Return of any prize as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize. Once it is confirmed that the prize has been delivered to the winner’s provided address, the Sponsor is no longer responsible for the security of the prize and will be unable to replace the prize in the event it is stolen/damaged.
6. Prizes/ Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
a. Sweepstakes Prize: One (1): A four (4)-day/three (3)-night trip for two (2) to Rovaniemi, Finland. Trip includes accommodations at Aurora Cabins in Apukka Resort, activities at the Santa Claus Village, Night Snowmobile Safari*, transportation between activities, select meals, roundtrip economy air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home and airport/hotel transfers in Finland. ARV: CAD$8,478.73
For Sweepstakes Prize: Airline tickets are for travel from major airport in Canada nearest winner's home to the destination city. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trips may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and respective guest must travel together on the same itinerary. If winner is a minor, his/her guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian. If winner is 18 years of age or older, his/her guest may only be a minor if it is his/her child /charge. Guests of winner (or winner as a parent/ legal guardian on behalf of a minor guest) as applicable, will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., passport with at least six months validity remaining at time of departure, Visa). All travel must be completed on date specified by Sponsor; dates of departure and return are subject to change. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. All details, including exact seat locations (if applicable) and all prize components, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible if the event/flight is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed. Tickets/passes may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending any event, winner and winner’s guest(s) voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
*For the snowmobile safari, there is a self-liability of €980 /snowmobile/accident/driver, meaning that if winner happens to crash the snowmobile, he/she will be responsible to pay the damages to a maximum of €980. In this case, self-liability can be reduced to €150 by paying a waiver of €24 per snowmobile driver and this is the winner’s expense. The guides will explain this during the briefing before the snowmobile safari.
The odds of winning Sweepstakes prize depends on the number of eligible Entries received during Promotion Period.
b. Instant Win Game Prizes
|ARV CAD EACH|
|Virtual Mastercard® Prepaid Card*||60||$48|
|Knit Beanie Hat||25||$47|
Unclaimed Instant Win Game Prizes will be not be awarded. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game Prize depend on the date/time of Game Play, the number of prizes remaining available at the time of Game Play and number of eligible Game Plays received. The number of Instant Win Game prizes available to be won will diminish as they are awarded.
*Virtual account is issued by Peoples Trust Company under license from Mastercard International. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used online where Mastercard is accepted. Card valid for up to 6 months; unused funds will forfeit after the valid thru date. Card terms and conditions apply.
Prize Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Prize and one (1) Instant Win Game Prize, for a total of two (2) prizes per Entrant.
For All Prizes: No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s (and their parent or legal guardian for any Minor Entrant) consent for Sponsor and its designees to use Entrant’s name, statement, prize information, likeness, city and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
8. General Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant (or their parent/legal guardian if the Entrant is a Minor) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any compatibility issues with Entrant's device/browser used for Entry/Game Play. Entries/Game Plays become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Website, will be disclosed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection; miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected Entries; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site/device, or undermine the legitimate operations of the Promotion, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such Entrant from the Sweepstakes. In the event the Promotion is compromised or impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to, fraud, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, outbreak of widespread illness, pandemic, or other similar occurrence, civil unrest or any other problem or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance, outbreak of widespread illness, pandemic, or other similar occurrence, civil unrest, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment, then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotion and award the Instant Win Prizes claimed prior to cancellation and award the Sweepstakes Prizes in random drawings from among all eligible Entries received for each drawing up to the time of impairment. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants (or their parent/legal guardian if the Entrant is a minor) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participation in the Promotion, Entrants and winners (or their parent/legal guardian if the Entrant/winner is a Minor) release and hold harmless the Released Promotion Parties, from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize.
9. Disputes: Entrant (and their parent/legal guardian on the Entrant’s behalf if the Entrant is a Minor) agrees that to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) they release and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and all of the other Released Promotion Parties from and all any and all claims; (b) claims arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or provincial court located in Toronto, Ontario in Canada; (c) Entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in Toronto, Ontario in Canada for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual damages of no more than $100, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (e) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants or the Released Promotion Parties in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Toronto, Ontario in Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the Province of Toronto, Ontario in Canada, Canada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Toronto, Ontario in Canada. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a Promotion may be submitted to the Régie, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. Winners List: For a list of winners of prizes valued at over $25, available after February 6, 2024, send an email to: Coca‑ColaWinners@dja.com with WINNERS & 11-2893-08 as the subject line.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: Sponsor of the Promotion is Coca‑Cola Ltd., 335 King Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1L1 Canada. Administrator of the Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.