- 8 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. Simply Orange juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4-6 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh fruit for extra toppings
- Whisk eggs with milk until combined into a shallow bowl. Add orange juice, sugar, vanilla extract, and kosher salt; whisk until combined.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in medium to large skillet on medium heat. Dip bread into juice and egg mixture, making sure to shake off excess.
- Cook bread for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet if necessary.
- Toss whole pecans in a small skillet until toasted over medium heat, making sure to flip them to avoid burning. Allow pecans to cool and chop to a medium-fine size. Top French toast with pecans and any other toppings like maple syrup, powdered sugar and/or fresh fruit.
Want to mix it up? This recipe can also be made with Simply Light Orange Pulp Free.