Pancetta Bread Pudding
- 1 lb. baguette or sourdough bread
- 1 cup Coca‑Cola
- 3 oz pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ¼ cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 ¼ cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread into 1 ½ inch cubes. If your bread is very fresh, put the cubes on a sheet pan and place in a 200-degree oven while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add in the pancetta.
- Add the Coca‑Cola, simmer until reduced to about 2 tbsp.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and half and half and whisk. Add the cheese, pancetta mixture, cranberries and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the bread and stir until thoroughly coated with the custard.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole and pour the bread and custard mixture in.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with rosemary and thyme and serve.