Coca‑Cola® x Six Flags Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: The Coca‑Cola x Six Flags Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) and Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, VMLY&R, Mediacom, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313, U.S.A. Administrator: Mediacom, 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10007, U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), September 25th, 2022, ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, October 31st, 2022 (the "Promotion Period".) Instagram’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Participation Requirements: To enter, you will need to have a Twitter or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://twitter.com/tos) or (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
a) Enter via Instagram: During the Promotion Period, take the following actions to receive an entry:
1. Post a photo of yourself at a Six Flags park holding a Coca‑Cola product and include the hashtags #CokeSixFlags #sweepstakes in your original post (“Submission”).
2. You must not change your Instagram handle during the Promotion Period and until the prizes are awarded (as described in Section 8).
b) Enter Without Making a Purchase via Twitter: During the Promotion Period, take the following actions to receive an entry:
1. Tweet at least one reason why you love Six Flags and Coca‑Cola products and include the hashtags #CokeSixFlags #sweepstakes in your original Tweet (“Submission”). Your Tweet must reflect your honest and truthful opinion.
2. You must not change your Twitter handle during the Promotion Period and until the prizes are awarded (as described in Section 8).
Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
You will receive 1 Sweepstakes entry for every in-feed post or tweet using the hashtag. Retweets, Instagram stories, and Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment rather than the caption of the original post will not be deemed entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any post that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules.
Content Restrictions: All content included with your post or Tweet must be your original work and must not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way.
Limit: You may receive 5 Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Social Post Content: Tweeting/Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winners are final and binding. On the drawing dates listed in Section 4, Administrator will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries. The drawings will be conducted on Sponsor's behalf by Administrator at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET in New York, NY. The potential winners will be notified by the Social Account used to enter. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable period.
8. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to provide the Administrator a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for prize fulfillment purposes within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident and the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited. If a potential prize winner fails to provide the requested information (as applicable), he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a winner is a Canadian resident, they will be required to complete IRS Form W-8BEN. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, if time permits, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
9. Prizes: 5 GRAND PRIZE: 2 Six Flags Annual Passes and 2 Coca‑Cola 2023 Drink Bottles. Each Grand Prize Package Approximate Retail Value: $400 USD.
No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person.
U.S. Taxation: If a winner is not a resident of the United States, Sponsor will gross up the prize value in an amount to satisfy the 30% withholding requirement. The withholding amount will be submitted to the US taxing authority IRS (the United States tax agency) as required by law and winner will receive a U.S tax form 1042 from the Administrator reflecting the total value of the prize, including the gross up amount and the withholding amount submitted to the IRS will be noted separately.
10. Publicity: except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state/province of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, outbreak of widespread illness, pandemic, or other similar occurrence, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and, in its discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, You Are Here, IfThen Digital LLC, Merkle Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or human error; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; (f) incomplete entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc./Twitter, Inc.