COCA-COLA® “RECIPE FOR MAGIC” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF 50 U.S./DC & CANADA & WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Eligibility: The Coca‑Cola® “Recipe for Magic” Sweepstakes (The “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., DC, and Canada (“Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (“Entrant”). Void outside the eligibility area and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca‑Cola Company (the “Sponsor”), Coca‑Cola Ltd., Coca‑Cola bottlers, Coca‑Cola Canada Bottling Limited, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Sweepstakes Parties”) and their immediate family (defined for the purposes of these Official Rules as: spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three  months out of the year) of each such individuals are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding (without right of appeal) in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 3, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on May 22, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of seven (7) weekly entry periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”) for the First, Second, and Third Prizes only. Each Weekly Entry Period will start at 12:00 am ET on Monday and end at 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, with the exception of the first Weekly Entry Period (which will begin at 1:00 pm ET on Monday, April 3, 2023) and the last Weekly Entry Period (which will begin at 12:00 am ET on Monday, May 15, 2023 and end at 11:59 pm ET on Monday, May 22, 2023). Weekly Entries will not be carried forward from one Weekly Entry Period to any subsequent Weekly Entry Period(s).
3. How to Enter:
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE:
a) VIA QUICK RESPONSE CODE ON DISPLAY/PACKAGING: During the Sweepstakes Period, look for special Sweepstakes displays/packaging with a Quick Response (“QR”) code. Scan the QR code with your web-enabled mobile device (“Device”) to be directed to the applicable Website (defined below). 50 U.S./DC (“US”) Entrants, after scanning QR code must first follow the instructions to log in or create an account.
b) VIA WEBSITE: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to https://us.coca-cola.com/recipe-for-magic if you are a US resident or promotion.coke.ca/recipe-for-magic if you are a Canadian resident (each, a “Website”).
There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must visit the applicable Website (via either method listed above), during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process to receive an applicable entry based on the week and if you are a US or Canadian resident (“Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per person per week. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Sweepstakes Entry services) will void all Entries by that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) and Approximate Odds of Winning:
- · Grand Prize (1 total): The Grand Prize winner will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) travel companions to a meet and greet/meal with Chef Kwame Onwuachi at his New York City Lincoln Center restaurant in NY, NY. All details of the meet and greet/meal are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The trip includes round trip economy air transportation for winner and up to three (3) travel companions from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations, and round-trip airport transfers between airport/hotel. The Grand Prize winner will also receive $1,500 for spending money/money to help defray cost of taxes on prize (if applicable) awarded in the form of a check. The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is USD$8,400. The trip must occur on dates specified by Sponsor/Chef Kwame Onwuachi or prize may be forfeited. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and respective travel companion(s) must travel together on the same itinerary. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs). Travel companions must complete a Release of Liability prior to departure. Travel companion(s) must be 18 years of age or older or must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian who must be the winner or one of winner’s travel companions. Failure to obtain required travel documents by Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) may result in forfeiture of Grand Prize and alternate potential winner selection, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within the above prize description and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to Grand Prize winner and any travel companion who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the restaurant. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion(s) engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor, or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate their travel early, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) home from the restaurant with no obligations or compensation to the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) must also pass any required medical testing and comply with any additional requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, or Sponsor or restaurant, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having been vaccinated against COVID-19. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion(s) may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes in connection with the prize (if applicable), including without limitation federal, state and local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof. The Grand Prize winner, if a US resident, will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of prize.
- First Prize (100 total, 14 per Weekly Entry Period with the exception of the last Weekly Entry Period which will have 16): Each First Prize winner will have the opportunity to select and receive one (1) prize (from the options listed below):
- A Sponsor-specified Pizza Essentials Bundle that includes a pizza oven, carry cover, pizza peel, and infrared thermometer. The ARV is USD$539.
- A Sponsor-specified Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker. The ARV is USD$550.
- A Sponsor-specified Stand Mixer. The ARV is USD$449.99.
- Second Prize (200 total, 28 per Weekly Entry Period with the exception of the last Weekly Entry Period which will have 32): Each Second Prize winner will have the opportunity to select and receive one (1) prize (from the options listed below):
- A Sponsor-specified Pan. The ARV is USD$145.
- A Sponsor-specified 6-in-1 8qt Two Basket Air Fryer. The ARV is USD$229.99.
- A Sponsor-specified 6 Quart Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker. The ARV is USD$129.99.
- ·Third Prize (300 total, 42 per Weekly Entry Period with the exception of the last Weekly Entry Period which will have 48): Each Third Prize winner will have the opportunity to select and receive one (1) prize (from the options listed below):
- A Sponsor-specified Charcuterie Board. The maximum ARV is USD$96.
- A Sponsor-specified Chef Bundle. The maximum ARV is USD$65
- A Sponsor-Specified USD$50 Grocery Gift Card (from options available).
- Fourth Prize (250 total - US ONLY): Each Fourth Prize winner will receive a six-pack of personalized Coca‑Cola bottles and a USD$150 Sponsor-Specified gift card. The ARV is USD$200 each.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received overall during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning a First Prize, Second Prize, or Third Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during each Weekly Entry Period.
Odds of being determined a Fourth Prize winner depend upon the time a US entrant enters and the total number of eligible US Entries received.
5. Winner Selection:
Random Drawings: Weekly Drawings - Fourteen (14) First Prize, twenty-eight (28) Second Prize, and forty-two (42) Third Prize winners will be selected in separate random drawings on or about each Monday (or following business day) following each Weekly Entry Period (with the exception of the last Weekly Entry Period, which will award sixteen (16) First Prize, thirty-two (32) Second Prize, and forty-eight (48) Third Prizes on or about May 25, 2023) from among all eligible Entries received for each Weekly Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period. Grand Prize drawing - One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in total in a random drawing on or about May 25, 2023, from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator (at their offices in Melville, New York, USA), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding (without right of appeal) on all matters related to the selection of eligible winners.
Fourth Prize Winner Determination: The first two hundred fifty (250) eligible US Entries that are received will be determined as Fourth Prize winners. Winner determination will be made by the Administrator (at their offices in Melville, New York, USA).
6. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email and will be sent via email link, a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release, where legal (“Declaration”) which they will be required to sign and return within three (3) days of notification attempt in order to be confirmed as the Grand Prize winner or Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If winner is a Canadian resident, they must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Administrator as part of the Declaration. If a potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Declaration within three (3) days, Declaration is returned as undeliverable, Entrant shall be deemed to be ineligible, or the skill-testing question is wrong, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a Canadian resident is selected as a potential First Prize, Second Prize, or Third Prize winner, they will receive a link where they will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, select their prize, and provide their full mailing address for prize fulfillment purposes. If a US resident is selected as a potential First Prize, Second Prize, or Third Prize winner, they will receive a link where they will be required to select their prize and provide their full mailing address for prize fulfillment purposes. Fourth Prize winners will receive a link where they will be required to provide the names they want on the personalized Coca‑Cola bottles and provide their full mailing address for prize fulfillment purposes. Return of notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. If an Entrant is disqualified for one of the reasons mentioned above and an alternate is selected, the alternate must complete and return the required documents in the timeframe specified. Up to three (3) alternates per prize may be selected.
7. Conditions and Release: By participating, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator; (b) receive any notices and other communications related to the Sweepstakes electronically, including via email and/or the Website;(c) release and hold harmless the Released Sweepstakes Parties, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the Prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Sweepstakes Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province/territory for Sweepstakes, advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further notice, payment or consideration.
9. Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Released Sweepstakes Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the Website or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes or the Website; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the Website or the processing of Entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable email; (f) any defect in a prize or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes or use the Website or use a prize, or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, acceptance, delivery, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Sweepstakes Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Sweepstakes Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in this Sweepstakes (time-permitting), if it is possible in the Sponsor’s or the Administrator’s sole discretion. These Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the Sweepstakes based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Sweepstakes Parties.
10. General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding (without right of appeal) in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Any normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for any compatibility issues with Entrant's device/browser used for Entry. Entrants associated with potential winning Entries may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address may be disqualified. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Website, will be disclosed. Sponsor and the other Released Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection; miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected Entries; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site/device, or undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes, is a violation of the criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law and to disqualify such Entrant from the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised or impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to, fraud, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, outbreak of widespread illness, pandemic, or other similar occurrence, civil unrest or any other problem or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and select the winners from among all eligible Entries received for each drawing (and determine Fourth Prize winners from US residents) prior to cancellation. Sponsor and the other Released Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, or incomplete Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Website; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participation in the Sweepstakes, Entrants and Prize winners release and hold harmless the Released Sweepstakes Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize.
11. Disputes: Entrant agrees that to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) they release and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and all of the other Released Sweepstakes Parties from and all any and all claims; (b) claims arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Atlanta, GA in the US; (c) Entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in State of Georgia in the US for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual damages of no more than USD$100, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (e) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants or the Released Sweepstakes Parties in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia in the US, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Georgia in the US, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia in the US. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. Winners List: For a list of winners, available after June 23, 2023, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNERS & 11-2775-54 as the subject line.
14. Sponsor/Administrator: Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313 USA. Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.